Clips, magnets, velcro and attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 405th

I'm at the point of buckling up my armor, placing the parts to attach the front and back chest, the boot cover, clips in the thighs etc.

At a bit of a loss as to what the best methods are. Are thete any good builds or guides to check out?

Thanks
MCSpartan105

It's a very old post, but it's still very useful and very relevant, this is how you really do it.

If you're looking for cheaper more basic options (like myself) then I spent £5 last night and got 5m of strapping and 20 buckles & sliders, I'll be pretty much making a full body harness from this stuff.

My advice is to start off with a belt, and work your way from there, adding suspenders to go over your shoulders, connecting the suspenders together, adding bicep straps from the suspenders and so on and so forth.

strapping.png
This is something I whipped up pretty quickly. Imagine this started as a belt, and you kept adding straps to eventually have this. The green markers are potential spots for plastic clips, which will connect to your armour pieces. The idea is to have the majority of your armours weight held up by the harness. It reduces strain on your shoulders or your arms and prevents pieces of armour spinning and not staying where you want them to. As you can see there is enough clips and coverage here to hold up every piece of armour, except the shins, which would only require a little bit more strapping.

You want your belt holding up the weight of your codpiece, thighs and shins. Your torso will hold the chest piece, and your shoulders take the weight of the shoulderpads down to the handplates. A nice even distribution of weight will keep you going for a while.

EDIT: While you may not want to use the in-depth method I posted in the link above, the first few paragraphs are still worth a read, lots of good tips for padding and strapping that I would not have known otherwise.

Awesome I was up the part myself. Cheers for the tips. I was thinking along the lines of military suspenders attached to the cod piece and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back