question to the masses

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahu653

what is the general opinion on commisioning a build from someone, which of course involves paying for supplies, parts and labour?

what is the general opinion on commisioning a build from someone, which of course involves paying for supplies, parts and labour?

Not especially frowned upon, but good luck on finding somebody to do it for you. Most people around here are more focused on building their own stuff, and even if you were able to find somebody willing to help you out, getting everything to fit you and ordered to specification will be an absolute pain. Plus, the only things people around here tend to sell are helmet and weapon casts - full kits are extremely rare, and the chances of those kits fitting you well are pretty slim.

Personally, I don't agree with full armour commissions. There's something to be said for putting the time, love and effort into a project of your own, and while it might take years for your work to finally be complete, there's honestly nothing better than realising a dream of your own with your own two hands. I'd suggest maybe trying to find the odd component for sale, such as a helmet, and then building the rest yourself.

Personally, suits are made extremely custom to a persons body so I would never tackle a full armor commission without the person immediately in my area. As Chernobyl said, one of the best parts of these costumes is building them yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back