Iron Tarkus Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barroth

Jr Member
Hello

I will be making Black Iron Tarkus armor build from Dark Souls. I am using the video game and some files as reference. I have his helmet printed out and will be starting assembly tomorrow. My deadline for this build is the end of July.

Here is a picture of Tarkus: (Sorry for the whitewash he is a summonable phantom in the game)

Black_iron_tarkus.jpg

Here is his armor:

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_113270892_preview.png

Ok so i had to restart the helmet twice due to sizing issues, but i finally got one to work so here it is:

WIN_20150703_192834.JPG

Yes it was. Sorry for not giving credit, i forgot where I got it. It is a ZombieGrimm file. Thanks for the file btw.

Sorry about being dark there for a while I have been busy but still should make the deadline this sunday. Here is a picture of my helmet after resining it. I can see both of my hands but almost nothing in between and am debating whether I should put screen mesh between the eye slots for better vision ranges or not. Any suggestions?

WIN_20150723_200047.JPG

Awesome! Love me some Black Iron Tarkus. He is my 3rd favorite character, only beaten by Knight Artorias and Dragon Slayer Ornstein. Super huge greatswords are the coolest. You going to be making his sword?

Edit: Also, you might have no choice but to make the eye-slots bigger than they are in-game.

I made his sword in foam with a fiberglass core, just need to hone the shape a bit and paint it. I did make it scaled to my height so it is not unnecessarily large

I have learned how to work around the eye slot problem but will still consider a screen. I don't want to make the slots larger due to the fact that They have edges that historically were used to keep arrows out of the eyes.

Ok so I was not able to get paint on the sword or the shield but have painted all of the pieces. I will assemble them before I go to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow. Here is the helmet which is ready to go.

WIN_20150725_225432.JPG
WIN_20150725_225434.JPG
WIN_20150725_225438.JPG

thanks. my brother thinks all blonde haired anime characters are either goku or naruto... being the only one in your family who actually watches anime is harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back