Half-Life HEV Suit build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN Z999

Alright, 405th, I've decided to put my SPARTAN-IV cosplay on hold for now, since I probably won't have time this summer to finish it.

With a recent inspiration to change what my facial hair looks like, I realized that I could do a perfect cosplay of the one and only Gordon Freeman and his awesome H.E.V. suit!
(reference pics below)
I'll use the templates for the Half-Life 1 suit that are here in the file archive, but the paint job will match the suit from Half-Life 2!

I'll be making the armor out of cardboard and craft foam, using the same basic compression undersuit and gloves as my SPARTAN-IV. Also, I'll have the exact same goatee style thing that Gordon Freeman has, very soon.

gordonthefreeman.jpg

HEV_Suit_HL2.jpg

I've been thinking about this myself on and off for a couple of years now, but always thought it was too slim-fitting and "soft" to really do well. It actually looks remarkably feasible!

I love the Half-Life franchise! I cannot wait to see how this goes! It is going to be awesome, subbed.

Random thought: I kinda wish Halo Reach's HAZOP variant looked more like HEV

Starting on making this build very soon! I've been rocking the Gordon Freeman goatee for a few weeks and it is MUCH more comfortable for summer weather where I am (I had a full beard before, and it was getting out of control on the sides of my face yo.)

Pics of the torso pieces will be up in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back