Halo 4 Female Master Chief (Foam Build WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisy159

Jr Member
Hey all!

Thanks to everyone here, I've finally felt motivated and knowledgeable enough to attempt this project! Haven't seen many Spartans at the cons in my area lately, and definitely no females, so time to rectify that! I have no background at all in anything hands on (does using a glue stick in elementary school count?), so this has been a pretty crazy learning and fun learning curve.

This will with follow Chief's design..although some details will be altered as well as the paint scheme a bit. We'll see as we go! Have about 1.5 months to work on this before con hits. Here's hoping we make it o_o.

So decided to start small, finished one of the biceps and almost done the second one.

open

DhnIUt.jpg

kYNIq4.jpg

Also working on a template for chief's shoulder piece, realized I made it too small. Shoutout to EVAkura for the awesome tutorial :D

Advice is always welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be following this build, indeed. It's looking great already, and I hope you manage to complete it within your deadline. :)

I'd say you're handling that learning curve pretty well, are you making all your own templates?

Also, is there any chance this rapidly approaching con you speak of is in the GTA?
Anyway, looks great, keep it up!

Great work so far! Good to see another Canadian spartan in the works!

Still looks great! I hope you can get it done for the con!
Thanks, I hope so too!

So far so good Chrisy! Keep it up.
Thanks for dropping by :)

nice amount of detail there, excited to see the finished product
Glad you think so. Details are killing me time-wise..but hopefully it'll be worth it.

I'll be following this build, indeed. It's looking great already, and I hope you manage to complete it within your deadline. :)
Thank you! Here's hoping :)

I'd say you're handling that learning curve pretty well, are you making all your own templates?
Also, is there any chance this rapidly approaching con you speak of is in the GTA?
Anyway, looks great, keep it up!
Thankies. Hopefully not. I've scratch built the biceps and shoulders...but I fully intend to reference some templates for the rest :p And yeah, it's Fan Expo! Are you attending?

Looking Awesome Chrisy!
Thanks Artifice :)

Great work so far! Good to see another Canadian spartan in the works!
We have to represent,haha

your foam skills are amazing
That looks amazing! I can't believe this is your first build. Keep up the good work!

Thank you guys! Really motivates me the times I get so frustrated :p.
-----------------------

Okay, so had some time this weekend:

Finished biceps yayyyy:
zFkdQx.jpg

Made a new shoulder template...decided bigger is better and worse case I will adjust it late once I see it in scale with the torso/forearm/under armour.

PAq5FZ.jpg

Here's how it's looking so far. Haven't glued the top most piece yet or the shoulder to the bicep yet-- just stuck on with tape. Decided to superglue the outside edge details...which seemed to have worked well and kept mess to minimum :).

1HlrpO.jpg

KXuKTj.jpg

What do you guys think about the shoulder size? I figure I'll have to curve them a bit more...but opinions always wanted :).

Thankies. Hopefully not. I've scratch built the biceps and shoulders...but I fully intend to reference some templates for the rest :p And yeah, it's Fan Expo! Are you attending?

Haha, well you seem comfortable with the process, great skill to have when the available templates just ain't cuttin' it :thumbsup And I certainly hope I can make it, coming up sooner than I thought! Gotta start glancing at a calendar once in a blue moon I guess.

Your shoulder plates sizing looks great btw, will probably look spot on once it's sitting alongside the bulky chest-piece-to-be. I would only remark that the top, raised, center detail looks like it sits more flush with the main plate in the reference photo's in my collection (I could just have crappy ref shots though).

I also perused your blog and got really excited after seeing the palette you might toy with down the line as it's very similar to a collection of my faves! that sliver of the spectrum doesn't get 'nuff love. Also, if you do happen to source +/-6mm craft foam locally it would be just dandy to know where. I like the comfort of knowing I can run out and grab supplies as I need them and I've never come across them in Toronto/Markham.

Haha, well you seem comfortable with the process, great skill to have when the available templates just ain't cuttin' it :thumbsup And I certainly hope I can make it, coming up sooner than I thought! Gotta start glancing at a calendar once in a blue moon I guess.

Your shoulder plates sizing looks great btw, will probably look spot on once it's sitting alongside the bulky chest-piece-to-be. I would only remark that the top, raised, center detail looks like it sits more flush with the main plate in the reference photo's in my collection (I could just have crappy ref shots though).

I also perused your blog and got really excited after seeing the palette you might toy with down the line as it's very similar to a collection of my faves! that sliver of the spectrum doesn't get 'nuff love. Also, if you do happen to source +/-6mm craft foam locally it would be just dandy to know where. I like the comfort of knowing I can run out and grab supplies as I need them and I've never come across them in Toronto/Markham.

Hope you can make it! Would love to meet some fellow 405ths :D. I'll be there all three days.
Thanks for the input! Here's hoping it'll look fine when the chest is done. And good eye, I hadn't glued the top piece down in those pictures!
Yeah! I'm excited for the colours. Glad someone else also digs that palette :D. And totally. No luck so far finding foam in that range of thickness...would be nice for shipping cost eh :p.
---------------------

So this...build is beginning to look like a clown's field day in a paint shop...so...many...colours.

Small update, finished other shoulder plate today! I'm not entirely happy with them but...learning curve so moo.

sSD8Lq.jpg

Will have to figure out how to mount it so the inside doesn't show....might have to re-heat the foam X_x.

Looking really amazing, I wish I didn't have to wait to see the finished suit. (;
Excellent work so far. :)

Looking really cool so far, good amount of detail. What colour are you thinking of making the finished suit. Or colour scheme should I say.

Woah awsome build project !

I highly appreciate the colour palette choice, they're from a relm of colours used far too little both in games and in cosplay builds if you ask me :p

Can't wait to see the results of this build, keep it up !!

Hi sovietpenguin06 and welcome, back? Anyways, I wanted to point out that it is frowned upon to post in a thread that is over 3 weeks old. It pushes down current projects and makes it harder for people like me to see what is going on right now. Keep an eye on the dates and if you're interested in an old one I would recommend sending the creator a private message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back