Galactic Battles (Halo, Mass Effect, Star Wars, Star Trek - Fan Film)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongShot X

Greetings 405th! It has been a very long time since I started a new thread.

I would like to announce that we are approx 1 month away from the filming of GALACTIC BATTLES.
A collaborative fan film where Halo, Mass Effect, Star Wars and Star Trek meetup in the same universe for an action packed battle.
Release Date: SOON

Teaser (note the release date in the teaser is incorrect)

Funding Teaser

IndieGoGo Campaign Video (note the campaign has ended but we are still accepting donations. Donate! )

Links to more details of the fan film can be found here:

http://www.galacticbattles.net
http://www.facebook.com/galacticbattlesoffical
http://www.youtube.com/user/VanCGMeetup

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
looks incredibly intresting!
The "great balls of fire" quote is now staying with me xD
anyway, what program are you using? im planning to do an animation of my own and the main charachter has a PAK FA and although i know roughly what the manouvers and all that are, being a big fan of aviation, but i have not the slightest idea of videos, camera panning etc. .
Good luck on this mate!
If i could help in any way, please let me know :D

To be honest, I have no experience with any of the animation or the programs that the group is using. My roll is solely to be the body actor for Master Chief and to maintain the armor. (actually I do more than this, but that's my official role)

I do know that the group is using current industry standard programs that have been generously donated to us for use in the film.
Some of the software programs being used in the film:

ZBrush® 4R7 by Pixologic™
Sapphire 8
Nuke
Modo
Mari
Storyboard Pro
Shotgun Software
V-Ray 3.0 for Maya
Massive Prime
Blender

I am sure that there are more and more are being donated as we get closer to the shoot date.

:)

Update on the film:

We have just released our final official teaser trailer for our 2nd funding campaign.

Please share and enjoy!

I like Star Wars, they have some pretty space ships (Venetor HNNNNG)... I love Halo, it has two of my favorite ships (Paris/Autumn). However, I play Eve. In a straight up fight, I doubt any other universe could compare to the raw power that New Eden's ships can display, particularly when you dig into the fluff and look at the differences in armor and weapon power.

Though that said, I've been watching this closely. Awesome job!

That is fascinating that you mentioned Eve and I agree with the power that they have. That was one of the reasons why we initially wanted to have Eve as one of the franchises in our film. We reached out to them with our legal team to discover that it was a no go for our fan film. So sad.

Keep watching and thanks for your support. More promotional content will be coming out in the next few months.

:)

Update: Here is a behind the scenes video of the green screen activities.

I can't wait to see the finished product! This looks like it's going to be awesome.

That was exciting! Almost didnt see your post.

Really fun stuff. Loved the ending too. Saw the last couple names in the credit ls and thought..where were they? I better keep watching. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back