First Build - MJOLNIR Mark VI - HD/MD quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobsnip3r

So as of today I have started on what I believed what would be the easiest piece, the handplates. And oh boy I was wrong. I completed all of the cuts for one handplate in about three hours and I plan to finish the other one some time later this day. I just wanted to let everyone know I completely intent to finish this build and not make this a dead thread. Here is the photo of my first set of cuts.

photo.JPG

Ahoy! looks well cut, hope assembly goes as smoothly for you :thumbsup

And commitment is definitely appreciated 'round these parts, we look forward to seeing what you come up with, good luck!

Thank you JadeFox. However if you think the medium detail handplate look intricate take a look at the hd or even ud handplate. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Hand plate is looking good, are you planning on building a halo 3 or H4 model of the MKVI?

As far as that I have no clue which version of halo this handplate is from but im trying to do mainly H4

So after many hours of stuck together fingers I have finally put together the first of two handplates and for my first ever pepping job Im pretty proud of myself.
The one thing I have a question about is if the scale looks right. The hand plate goes from middle finger knuckle to wrist joint. I think it is fine but I want a littlefeedback from experienced builders.

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

SirPalesAlot gets just as much credit, if not more. But wait until you see the helmet - it's very close to being finished and it's beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be LD, MD, HD, and UD just like the others, plus some extra goodies. But back to your own build, the hand plate turned out good, and looks like it's sized well too.

As far as the helmets go, awesome! Im looking forward to it. A compliment like that from you goes a long way sir. Also about the helmets what scale will they be designed in?

All the models are designed in the same scale, so they're all proportionate to each other. In theory, once you've got a scale worked out for one, that same scale can be applied to all the models for Master Chief's proportions (that's proportions, not size - the design scale is not a 7' costume). In reality, each piece's scale will probably need tweaking by each builder to adjust for the proportions of their own body.

So today I took a break from my handpates to begin selecting me arsenal of weaponry. I chose to equip myself with an M329 DMR from Reach, an MA5C assault rifle, M6G pistol and a kukri blade such as the one Emile has equipped to his right shoulder in the picture below.

1459457-emile_right2.jpg

I began work on the dmr using the sliced file provide here: http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=download&downloadid=919
Here is the progress I made as of today.

photo.JPG

Hope you enjoy my build so far and it may be a few days before I post any progress pics due to work but I hope that I can finish the DMR tomorrow after work and upload the pictures.

Have a great one all you 405thers!

Update time!

So my progress is not a ton but I am close to finishing the DMR with only a few more full sheets and then detailing, here are some progress shots for your day, enjoy! I also finished the handplate but Im not going to image that cause it looks exactly the same as the other one I did.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
  • photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    837 KB · Views: 217
Ok well I havent posted in a few days nd that is because I have been out of town on a short trip but now that I am home I have begun working on the DMR again and finishing that up. I also went up to ACE hardware when I got home and purchase my bondo and resin but I still lack a respirator so it will be a few days until I can start resin which is okay. Anyways I just wanted to get some small details onto here in order to keep the thread alive.

More pics coming soon!

So while building the irritating forearms for my build I have made a ton of progress on the DMR and on a new gun. Below the resined DMR is pictured and the new gun and creds to the person who can identify the new gun based on just the grip. Anyways I plan to have the forearms or at least one done within the week and share some images with you guys.

DMR

Untitled.png

Assault Rifle

photo 1 (1).JPG

photo 2 (1).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back