Halo 4/5 Custom Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmoredAmir

I'm planning on making a spartan suit from Halo 4. The I want it to be custom actually so I'm going to use different variants for each part of the armor. This is my first cosplay but I got a bunch of support from my friends who cosplay other things so I'll be able to do this. Also my favorite Assault Rifle from Halo is from Reach so I'm making that out of a nerf gun to go with this. To save myself some time and traveling I already bought most of the things I need. Most of it will be foam except for the helmet and maybe some other parts.

I'm redoing the chestplate so the shoulders, stomach/abdomen area and groan piece are all attached to the chestplate (Much like how Impact Props does his armor)

Finish Date Goal: October 26th COMPLETED
New Finish Date for Katscuon: February 10th COMPLETED

Here is an image of what I want the armor to look like:
unnamed.jpg

Suit as of 12/15/15

IMG_6398.JPG

Part Progress:
- Helmet (Recruit): Working On
- Chestplate(Centurion): DONE
- Shoulders(Rogue): DONE
- Gauntlets/Hands(Twin Plated): DONE
- Legs(Mark IV): DONE
- Boots(Recruit): DONE
- Assault Rifle(Reach): DONE

unnamed.jpg

IMG_6398.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Halo 4 Recruit Armor Build

I forgot to take picture of this before I started but here is where I am at right now with it.

IMG_5587.JPG
Full gun as of 8/3/15

FullSizeRender.jpg
The Magazine is removable

The Assault Rifle is done! It just needs to be painted and maybe a bit more detail but for right now its good.
IMG_5606.JPG

IMG_5604.JPG
If you want to know the process for what I did for the ammo counter, I'd be happy to share it.

Really interested to see how the gun turns out once you paint it :)

This is looking awesome! I've been wondering about putting an ammo counter in an AR I'm building, and I wanted to see how you did it, if that's OK. Keep building!

This is looking awesome! I've been wondering about putting an ammo counter in an AR I'm building, and I wanted to see how you did it, if that's OK. Keep building!

Sure! Obviously the Ammo Counter doesn't work but the way I did it was to make it look like its real.

First I used a reference photo (Thanks for the photo Skylow :D) Then I scaled it to size to fit with my ammo counter part. (Just re-sizing and printing over and over until it came out right) The best thing to do while doing this is to make the screen/canvas size scaled to letter so when you print it you'll have a better idea of what the size will be.
Untitled-1.png

Then I found some plastic screening that I had sitting around from a long time ago and cut some of it out.
IMG_5601.JPG

Then I cut it a little bigger then the actual ammo counter so you can fold it over the back of the paper and let it wrap around a little so when you glue it down the paper won't get damaged.
IMG_5602.JPG

Then I just grabbed a hot glue gun and put glue on the back with the plastic covering and put it on the ammo counter part/holder.
IMG_5603.JPG

Then that's it! Although I would recommend painting the gun first before you do it but I just really wanted to make it.

Re: First Build: Halo 4 Custom Armor

Hey guys its been a bit, I've had to work with normal pepakura's and figure out how they can come out to foam and its overall worked out pretty well. Here is the Rouge Shoulder Piece they are about 3/4 done and I have to figure out how todo the interior part with foam. I'll have to redo the one on the left though because I messed up with the contact cement glue stuff so it needs to be redone. I've noticed that I needed to use some hot glue on it because the contact cement can't do it all.

IMG_5731.JPG

Edit Updated picture:
IMG_5736.JPG

This is a picture with the new Shoulder Piece and the DAP Kwik Seal might of gone overload but you know whatever :p

Also, what I did with the inside of the Shoulder to fill in the "air" was I put some cardboard under and glued it down and I made a little design on the cardboard so it looks like it fits, if anyone is interested in that I'm happy to share my methods/ideas.

Any tips/feedback would be appreciated! Also, if anyone is kinda enough or has a file laying around I've been searching all over the internet for a foam version of the Orbital Chestplate from Halo 4, I can try and do my method that I did with the Shoulders but i'm not entirely sure that's the best way to do it for the chestplate.

Hi, I am doing the halo 4 Pathfinder armor,I need pointers and hint on what to do, I am on a tight budget and this is my first time. Any help is appreciated

Hi, I am doing the halo 4 Pathfinder armor,I need pointers and hint on what to do, I am on a tight budget and this is my first time. Any help is appreciated

Pathfinder is some awesome armor! If you're on a tight budget I would suggest to make it out of foam since thats the cheapest material and you won't need to buy cardstock and fiberglass resining/matting and go through all that trouble except for the helmet you might want to since it will be lighter and tougher than foam. Theres tons of youtube videos and pages on the forums for saying exactly what items you'll need.

For your reference here is the pathfinder helmet for pepakura (not foam): http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?categoryid=120

I looked around a bit for ya but didn't find any other part of pathfinder I'm sure if you ask people on the 405th who have done parts of pathfinder builds within their armor they can share the file or direct you in the right way thats what I did/am doing for a way todo the orbital chestplate since all I can find is pepakura's and I don't have the full version to be able to convert it to foam.

Definitely look at Black Underdog5's build he works with doing the pathfinder helmet I looked at his a bit for my rogue shoulders.

Good luck on your build! I hope this helps out a bit!

Hey guys! I've started to work on the forearms, I plan on plasti dip everything once its all done so I don't get lazy or something haha.
IMG_5755.JPG

Let me know what you guys think! Anything thoughts/feedback would be great!

Your foam work looks really good. Have you finished the AR yet? I'd love to see it all painted up.

Your foam work looks really good. Have you finished the AR yet? I'd love to see it all painted up.

Thanks! I've done some minor bondo work on it because I felt it was needed and my friend said that they wanted to paint the gun but that was like a 3 weeks ago so I plan on working on it this weekend and posting the progress on that then.

Hey guys! So I've started the painting process on the Halo Reach Assault Rifle! Keep in mind i'm not the best artist or anything so it is what it is :)! Also I know that fake guns/props should have an orange tip so I'll make sure when all the other painting is done that i'll put one on.

IMG_5763.JPG

Put Painters tape over the tip of the actual recon barrel extension, most likely will still add an orange tip to the actual front barrel.

IMG_5781.JPG

First layer done! All I did was just spray a bunch of black onto the gun and I didn't do the magazine at the time because I forgot :p

IMG_5784.JPG

Second layer done! For this one I threw another layer of black and then did a bunch of mixtures with gun metal and black for the weathering effect, I think it turned out great considering I don't have the best painting skills or anything.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Here's a better photo of the paint job, the magazine is still drying at the time of the photo being taken so that's why its not in the photo.

Any comments/feedback would be great!

Looks pretty good for a nerf gun mod. I'm not looking forward to building my weapon lol.

Looks pretty good for a nerf gun mod. I'm not looking forward to building my weapon lol.

Thanks! It was a pain at first since more than half the measurements are just made up but for some references I used the pepakura version to make sure at least the magazine's design and then the upper barrel were correct so it resembles the actual gun in reach.

Thats a neat Nerf AR ! i should really continue my AR Build :eek: !:D

Thanks! I thought the AR Build was fun! I definitely need to do a magnum and I might try and find a way to make my nerf raider into the M45D (Halo 4) or M45 (Halo Reach) shotgun \and I think that would be awesome to make one out of that since my nerf guns are honestly just eating dust in my basement so might make them all resemble Halo XD. Good luck to you on your AR build also!

Thanks! I thought the AR Build was fun! I definitely need to do a magnum and I might try and find a way to make my nerf raider into the M45D (Halo 4) or M45 (Halo Reach) shotgun \and I think that would be awesome to make one out of that since my nerf guns are honestly just eating dust in my basement so might make them all resemble Halo XD. Good luck to you on your AR build also!
That sounds quite nice ! Be sure to post a Thread so we can have a look at it ;P Thank you ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back