Halo 4/5 Custom Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Build: Halo 4 Custom Armor

Nice! Keep up the good work. Does the ammo counter light up?

Sadly no, eventually I plan on making the Halo 4/5 AR and allow that ammo counter to light up.

So after a while of research and planning, I started to cut out the Orbital chestplate piece and I wasn't a big fan of it as my scale was still a bit off and trying to do the method thing I did with the Rogue Shoulders to convert from pep to foam didn't quite work out for the chestplate. I slowly noticed also that I didn't really like the Orbital chestplate on myself. So I thought about it for a bit and thought that I would change from Orbital to Mark V. And I've looked at tons of reference photos and such and I really like so I'm going to use that as my chest piece now.

So after some idea thinking, I really enjoy Thruster Packs on the Halo 4/5 spartan armor and since I'm using the Mark V torso for my build, I want to redefine it to make I guess more "modern" even though that is the reason why its called the Mark V since its an older model I guess. So I went into photoshop and have a plan for how i want it to look and be like on the armor, I plan on using the recruit thrusters since they look the coolest in my opinion and I think with the right build, they will look perfect and redefine the Mark V.

Idea Thrusters.png

This is how I kind of want the thrusters to be on there (obliviously the same color though)

Untitled-1.png
Photo's actual link (Not my build or anything just using as a reference photo)

This isn't my armor, I just couldn't find a picture of the Mark V torso's back without having todo it through my game and take a bad cellphone camera photo of it.

If you guys have any tips or idea on how to do this that'd be awesome!

So after 3 hours of getting distracted and gluing/shaping foam together about half the Mark V torso is done and I intend on adding the thrusters once its all done so I can get decent measurements for it.
unnamed.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

On the other half I plan on adding a buckle system so I can get in and out of the torso easily.

Sorry for the long stretch of no posts but I've done a lot since I last posted something. All I can say is that I blame Destiny The Taken King update.

Enough talk photo time!

IMG_5883.JPG
Sorry I didn't take literally any picture of the process in making this cause I had phone issues and I just wanted to get this done and not worry about any forum post and what not.

image1.jpeg

And I finished the Mark V Chestplate! My Motorcycle Armor Undersuit thing came in also so I wore that with this to give me more bulk. I'm tall but not really muscularly built. Also I know quite bit of the hot glue is noticeable on the chestplate but it was just so annoying but I'll come back to it and clean it up some more.

I powered through the day today and finished my thighs except they just need to be pasti dipped which will be done once all the other pieces are ready.

Front:
IMG_5960.jpg
Side: I plan on making a pistol holster so I can put those magnums I bought into them once its all painted and stuff because I don't think magnets will hold with the weight of those pistols.
IMG_5961.jpg
Back
IMG_5962.jpg

Overall I really enjoy the way they came out, I also was wondering if anyone knows what the harness setup Impact Props uses or any suggestions with their thighs and shins so it doesn't slowly fall down,. I was just test walking with them on and noticed they kinda were falling down so a solution would be nice so I don't have to keep bring them up.

Sorry for not posting recently I've been really lazy and thats bad since I only got a few more days to hopefully finish this thing up haha.

Heres some photos of stuff!

IMG_5978.jpg
I finished the boots and shins! Now I just need todo the crotch area but I don't have access to pepakura atm so might have to freehand it. I'd be great if there was a template maybe out there but freehand always is an option.

Now here are some photos of Plasti Dip!
IMG_6071.jpg
IMG_6072.jpg
IMG_6075.jpg

I'm not the best at Plasti Dipping I noticed so I might have to go in and fix it somehow.

Hope you guys enjoy the photos!

The thing about plasti-dipping is just to make sure it's actually coming out and make sure you get it EVERYWHERE, even the small-detail stuff. Especially that, because that's what the paint would probably destroy first..

i just used rustolium paint. it cracks when bent but if you re-enforce the inside it won't cause any problems

- - - Updated - - -

just a tip if you build up the shoulders it adds great effect

i just used rustolium paint. it cracks when bent but if you re-enforce the inside it won't cause any problems

- - - Updated - - -

just a tip if you build up the shoulders it adds great effect

I used plastidip.

i don't like the rubbery feel. but thats just personal preference

Yeah I dislike it maybe because I didn't apply it correctly but I know also that there is a Black Plasti Dip that everyone mostly uses but all I could find was every color but black at Lowes/Homedepot

The thing about plasti-dipping is just to make sure it's actually coming out and make sure you get it EVERYWHERE, even the small-detail stuff. Especially that, because that's what the paint would probably destroy first..

Yeah I noticed that during the build it was all rushed at the end and I wish I took more time into making it but I still love how it turned out regardless!

Well as you all know Halo 5 came out today and I was at the midnight release!! I did a spray paint to get it look good and ready but some of the paint smeared because I didn't realize the spray paint I got was gloss so it has different properties. Sadly as I was putting everything on my Assault Rifle fell from leaning on my car door and broke so I couldn't use it(Probably shouldn't of been there in the first place but hey who cares haha) Luckily my friend who went brought his Airsoft Assault Rifle and he let me use it the whole night! Surprising I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would even though about 3/4 of the time I didn't wear my helmet but still, I love how everything turned out.

But here are all the photos I got so enjoy!

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

I know the paint job was rushed so its not my greatest work haha. But I plan on in the next few weeks to come back and make the paint job look really nice.

If you saw me (That'd be amazing if you somehow went to the same exact Gamestop and also be a 405th member) let me know!

Also thanks for the kind words for my build everyone really helped me keep this going!!

Great work dude! Looking forward to seeing a photo set with the new paint. What are you going to do next? Apart from playing Halo 5. lol

dude this is a nice build! you put mine to shame!

Thanks man! I appreciate that a lot! I really like the originality of your build it looks amazing! Haha

Great work dude! Looking forward to seeing a photo set with the new paint. What are you going to do next? Apart from playing Halo 5. lol

Thanks! I'm probably just going to play Halo 5.

As of right now I don't have much planned, maybe make another forum post about me using my old nerf guns and turning them into Halo weapons. I used up a lot of my social life making this so I might not do anything major for a little while. I may make another armor to prepare for Halo Wars 2 and I hope to go some conventions with this armor.

Future:
-Make Master Chief, Spartan Buck, Spartan Fred, or My Spartan again in Halo 5 or Reach (I hope to install lights in the armor I decide to make)
-Convert my nerf guns to Halo Replicas (Like I did with the Assault Rifle)
-I do want to continue in cosplay for my future but since I'm going to college next year around this time so I don't want any huge distractions getting in my way. But i'll still lurk around on the forums and see all the great builds everyone is working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back