The Great Experiment-Or, How To Build Armor Without Really Trying...(Much)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks fantastic! I have access to a Taz 5, and would love to start printing some armor. I've tried to modify some .pdo files in blender (mostly Ironman and T65-D power armor so far), but just cant get the hang of it. Do you plan on sharing the stl files that you've created for this project? I would love a chance to try printing some of these pieces as well.

20160326_152250.jpg

Had to make a spool so my third-party filament could feed correctly.

20160327_142434.jpg

20160327_142519.jpg

I custom modeled these attachment tabs so the chest/back armor is more secure and stays aligned.
The back piece will be united soon, once I finish the shoulder jetpack-looking thingies.

To explain my absence- I had a RULC. Rapid Unplanned Lifestyle Change.
So, I had to move out of my house and into an apartment and was unable to print for a good couple of months.

But now that I'm unpacked (mostly), I've gotten back to printing and will be plugging along.
I'm pretty sure I can make my Halloween deadline, but it'll be tight.

I was wondering what had happend. Glad to see you back at it!

BTW how did you bypass the chip reader ? !

20160401_151003.jpg

Got the "jetpack" things printed out, and am working on the codpiece and asspack.
(I don't have a better term for it lol)

This Hatchbox filament is working wonders, its far less brittle than before.

20160627_121406.jpg

20160627_121314.jpg

20160627_121323.jpg

Ok it posted the first two sideways for some reason.
My printer has been down for two months while I wait to sort out purchasing a new nozzle.
In the meantime, I decided to do the color coat on the helmet. I went with a dark blue,
mostly because I see a lot of bright armors and wanted to do something a little more muted in color scheme.

Finally got a replacement nozzle, for some reason, they'd been "out of stock" for over a year.
Printing again, hopefully should have the legs printed soon.
I'm moving again come August, so once that's done I'll be able to start the painting process.

Attachments

• nozzleold-new.png
    nozzleold-new.png
    989.2 KB · Views: 233
Got most of the left thigh printed out.
Having some (more) stepping issues.

20170615_173742_small.png

But after this, it's on to the shins/knees and boot pieces.

I bought 5 reels of filament at once, it should (operative word) carry me through to the end.
Then the finishing and painting process begins.

20170610_115309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back