First ODST Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update : already started painting. I used Krylon Ultra Flat Olive. and the backpack will be flat black . i only painted half of them since i ran out of spray paint . i used left overs from god knows when . LOL .. anyway will be getting new ones tomorrow and hopefully finished painting tomorrow. then start on weapon props .. woot !

p/s: i just realise i size everything based on a picture reference not to myself. some of the pieces are small .. :facepalm . well gotta scaled things up next version then. will be finishing the armor this week so stay tune.

View attachment 15557View attachment 15558

Update : finally its visor time .. this is my biggest concern. ODST has a very weird shape compared to what i used to which is flat and boxy looking visor. I dont own a vacuum former so i look around in this forum for ideas. luckily i found Hugh Holder's ODST visor tutorial. He uses PETG but the only PETG i can find are 1.5mm clear and opaque 0.5mm . I thought of using PVC sheet or PP sheet but i opted for my usual hex lighted clear visor using acrylic. It's a pain in the a@@ to bend and shape but i done it . after its done, i put in three 4cm fans. yes three. one ontop of the visor pointed down to avoid fogging , one at the cheek venting air in from outside and another one venting out from inside. two switches are at the chin of the helmet.

View attachment 16140View attachment 16141View attachment 16142View attachment 16143View attachment 16144View attachment 16145

Hey, your work looks really good! :D However, there is one little thing I am perplexed about. I noticed you don't have the back to the shin pieces. Did you leave that out for a reason?? o_O

Hey, your work looks really good! :D However, there is one little thing I am perplexed about. I noticed you don't have the back to the shin pieces. Did you leave that out for a reason?? o_O
thanks .. ahaha .. mostly for comfort and if my friends want to borrow it , it will be just fine since its not a fitting armor piece.

dude thats sick i want it
XD... its mine .. u cant have it .. LOL

That is freaking awesome, please tell how you did that. Did you use an etching mix, grinder, or is that just some type of marker then put a light?
laser cut and engraved 2mm acrylic , then leds at the edges. tadaaa

Did you laser cut the whole piece out too or just the design?

The added touch of the light is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back