SBG's Halo 4 MC build.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not at the moment. Right now I'm working on getting the back portion of the torso done. Might be another few days before I get the rest of the torso done.

Sorry, not at the moment. Right now I'm working on getting the back portion of the torso done. Might be another few days before I get the rest of the torso done.

I was hoping to see the rest of the chest. Looking great. Are you going to add battle damage to the chest?

wow im impresed on how clean your peps are, the y look great and fit really good, keep ir going, i am also doing the torso :v but it is a lot

wow im impresed on how clean your peps are, the y look great and fit really good, keep ir going, i am also doing the torso :v but it is a lot

Yep, definitely is alot. Almost got one of sections done last night. The section that sits over your shoulder. Also currently working on cutting out the parts for the section that passes underneath your arm. Kind of dreading that, because of the excessive amount of tabs on the parts. It is what it is though. Thanks for the comment, I hope to see some of uour progress also!

wow, scale on everything is spot on.... everything was scaled or did you just printed it out using default scale?? i ask because theres a couple of people who are doing this file in particular and say they have been using default so far and i say thats immposible since they are not buffed and dont measure 7ft like chief. and there armor its pretty perfect like yours.

wow, scale on everything is spot on.... everything was scaled or did you just printed it out using default scale?? i ask because theres a couple of people who are doing this file in particular and say they have been using default so far and i say thats immposible since they are not buffed and dont measure 7ft like chief. and there armor its pretty perfect like yours.
The only thing that I've changed the scale on was the chest. You can see where that got me. For the second try I just kept it at default.

Did you do that chest piece without numbers?? Crazy. Looking so good too. I hope your move went alright. Now back to pepping! I'm in the pepping stage on my first build too. :) I'll be following you. Good luck!

Did you do that chest piece without numbers?? Crazy. Looking so good too. I hope your move went alright. Now back to pepping! I'm in the pepping stage on my first build too. :) I'll be following you. Good luck!

Yes, your correct. No edge ids for the torso. Didn't want to have a bunch of numbers cluttered on some of the smaller pieces.Thanks, hope your build turns out well also!

It's funny but I printed my torso last night and it printed without numbers... don't know how I managed that lol. To be honest I'm finding it better than with numbers because it's forcing me to take my time and to keep looking at the pep file. Good work buddy! Can't wait for more progress on your armor :)

It's funny but I printed my torso last night and it printed without numbers... don't know how I managed that lol. To be honest I'm finding it better than with numbers because it's forcing me to take my time and to keep looking at the pep file. Good work buddy! Can't wait for more progress on your armor :)
on the pepakura viewer, turn on the numbers

I still don't see the benefit of pepping without the numbers, but it's still badass that you did it! I use the numbers to line up during gluing. The numbers may be mirrored, but they start and stop in the same exact spot and you can get it really well centered that way. Keep it up SbG! More pics!!
krad2004 - In Designer you go to 2D Menu > Show Edge ID (I'm pretty sure that changes the way it prints too)

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't see the benefit of pepping without the numbers, but it's still badass that you did it! I use the numbers to line up during gluing. The numbers may be mirrored, but they start and stop in the same exact spot and you can get it really well centered that way. Keep it up SbG! More pics!!
krad2004 - In Designer you go to 2D Menu > Show Edge ID (I'm pretty sure that changes the way it prints too)
I mentioned earlier that sometimes the edge ids clutter up on your smaller pieces, which it sometimes makes your fold lines hard to see. If you been pepping different models over time you will notice that numbers don't always line up. Its better to just line up the parts edge by edge, then work the rest of the tabs toward the center of the part. I usually print parts with edges to keep track of where pieces go when I dont have a computer in front of me. Thanks for the motivation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its better to just line up the parts edge by edge, then work the rest of the tabs toward the center of the part. I usually print parts with edges to keep track of where pieces go when I dont have a computer in front of me. Thanks for the motivation!

That is if I manage to cut the edge perfectly and not accidentally cut part of it off. Lol. I'm going to try this pepping with no ID business. I see that Longshot did it out of the gate too and I can only hope I can end up with a suit like his. *swoons :)

The pep work you've done is reall good. I'm only on my 2nd build and hope to get this point that you are at. print pep cut glue repeat!!!!!!

Thank you! Man to be honest, one of the kids just woke me up. Gonna have to set the alarm for 5a.m. for work. I usually take 40 to 50 minutes of my lunch at work to work on some of the pepping. Gonna sacrifice some sleep to get some stuff printed since I fell asleep on the couch. Which was my intentions to do that just that. The build must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back