SBG's Halo 4 MC build.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I was just messing with Dynamic I know what Bondo is. For the helmet, that will probably be the last thing I touch as far as resining goes. I suggest maybe using Smooth-ON'S Epoxamite Resin. That may help with eliminating some of the warping. Also, strategically adding supports inside the helm will help to. They have a slow hardener that gives a pot life of 55 minutes. My belief is that this helps with warping. Resin you by from Walmart(bondoproducts) cures way to fast, leaving certain areas of the pepped part to cure before the rest. Not saying that doesn't happen with the Resin I suggested to use, but a slower working time I believe helps.

Lol!!![emoji1303][emoji1306]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tehehehe.

Moving along, after having everything on I'm feeling very iffy concerning my range of motion dealing with the biceps, and the torso! If I had the body of MCheif that would just be fine, and dandy. Everything so far has been a default scale, except for the forearms, which I scaled down. With under suit biceps would need to sit higher up on my arms, and would definitely need to fastened, or harnessed to the under suit very well. I'd imagine this becoming very uncomfortable not being able to relax my arms. Wife thinks the torso is to big, but I think any smaller of a torso would further restrict movement. And smaller torso means smaller helm. Which means I would have to redo both. (Smaller torso, keep the helm I already have. I refuse to look like a bobble head!) I'm really considering trying my hand at doing a torso out of foam. I believe it would be more comfortable, and a little less restricting. Any suggestions?
78b9c83f-be17-403a-99bd-c5101a0f5dea_zpsghrd2p6m.jpg

Attachments

• 78b9c83f-be17-403a-99bd-c5101a0f5dea_zpsghrd2p6m.jpg
    78b9c83f-be17-403a-99bd-c5101a0f5dea_zpsghrd2p6m.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 222
Tehehehe.

Moving along, after having everything on I'm feeling very iffy concerning my range of motion dealing with the biceps, and the torso! If I had the body of MCheif that would just be fine, and dandy. Everything so far has been a default scale, except for the forearms, which I scaled down. With under suit biceps would need to sit higher up on my arms, and would definitely need to fastened, or harnessed to the under suit very well. I'd imagine this becoming very uncomfortable not being able to relax my arms. Wife thinks the torso is to big, but I think any smaller of a torso would further restrict movement. And smaller torso means smaller helm. Which means I would have to redo both. (Smaller torso, keep the helm I already have. I refuse to look like a bobble head!) I'm really considering trying my hand at doing a torso out of foam. I believe it would be more comfortable, and a little less restricting. Any suggestions?
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/...f-be17-403a-99bd-c5101a0f5dea_zpsghrd2p6m.jpg

When I look closely indeed it looks bit too big, we can't see full-body picture of you bit it looks bit huge.

As for the "smaller chest - less movement" theory - no. If anything, you'll have more area to move your arms, especially if you'd like to hold your weapon or a pistol with both hands.
As for the pepped pieces - you'll have to fasten them by something or a harness at best. Resined, fiberglassed and bondo'd pieces are heavy and they won't just stay in place by themselves, unless they'd fit your body perfectly and still, you'd have to secure them, because 'gravity' will pull them down anyway.

Sorry for the big picture, I tried to make it smaller... It didn't have to. I tried comparing it with the in-game model. Your pieces may look bit too big, but on the other side they look alright! I can't say as we can't see full-body picture so it's hard to scale.

file-archive.php

I think it looks pretty accurate for your body size to be honest. If you look closely at chief in this mk armour, it's pretty huge around his head. (Although I think your shoulders should be slightly smaller but that may just be me).
32f6e83910812a57d608aabff990eaef.jpg

I've seen people use snaps to hold their armour on. Something you could consider, but it depends if your undersuit is going to be sturdy enough against your body to hold the weight of whatever you're snapping. I don't think a morph suit would hold all that up very well

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 32f6e83910812a57d608aabff990eaef.jpg
    32f6e83910812a57d608aabff990eaef.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 219
http://www.405th.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26413&d=1461506303

Yes, definitely needs to be a thicker material. Another thing to consider to, is that a 3D Model has no limitations unless the modelers set parameters which stops objects, or parts of the body from colliding, and going through each other. The link above is a pic you posted. It's the pic we the MCs in it. The first one on the left if you look closely you can see the bicep going into the torso armor. For the under suit I may go the route RBF chose, which should allow for snaps.

http://www.405th.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26413&d=1461506303

Yes, definitely needs to be a thicker material. Another thing to consider to, is that a 3D Model has no limitations unless the modelers set parameters which stops objects, or parts of the body from colliding, and going through each other. The link above is a pic you posted. It's the pic we the MCs in it. The first one on the left if you look closely you can see the bicep going into the torso armor. For the under suit I may go the route RBF chose, which should allow for snaps.
Yeah I can see the corner is just going into the torso. I think your bicep sizes are fine its just the actual shoulder parts which look a little big.
Anyway you'll figure it out dude, your build is awesome and I'm using your pep photos for reference

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7cab8c45-fb5c-4a20-afb3-2efd20f3d5c3_zpsnno4lryc.jpg

20b58134-a388-4efa-9398-44b06ae3d871_zpsgchqsmxz.jpg

Hope these pics give you a better idea of the scaling, and proportions compared to the previous pics. I think that I may try modding the bicep piece. Might dremel off the side of the bicep that rests in between my arm, and the torso. Then replacing it with Eva foam. I imagine it would offer more flexibility, and would offer more mobility. May do the same for the bottom of the biceps to. On the front at the very bottoms of the biceps, that way if the forearms hit it while bending, it would provide a softer hit when they touch. Hope that makes sense? Also, keep in mind the thrusters behind me may look a little bit further apart. Thats because I don't have the back center piece on.

AlexAnderson95
Thanks bro!

Attachments

• 7cab8c45-fb5c-4a20-afb3-2efd20f3d5c3_zpsnno4lryc.jpg
    7cab8c45-fb5c-4a20-afb3-2efd20f3d5c3_zpsnno4lryc.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 20b58134-a388-4efa-9398-44b06ae3d871_zpsgchqsmxz.jpg
    20b58134-a388-4efa-9398-44b06ae3d871_zpsgchqsmxz.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 220
[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/7cab8c45-fb5c-4a20-afb3-2efd20f3d5c3_zpsnno4lryc.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/joshuabouillion/Mobile%20Uploads/20b58134-a388-4efa-9398-44b06ae3d871_zpsgchqsmxz.jpg[/URL]

Hope these pics give you a better idea of the scaling, and proportions compared to the previous pics. I think that I may try modding the bicep piece. Might dremel off the side of the bicep that rests in between my arm, and the torso. Then replacing it with Eva foam. I imagine it would offer more flexibility, and would offer more mobility. May do the same for the bottom of the biceps to. On the front at the very bottoms of the biceps, that way if the forearms hit it while bending, it would provide a softer hit when they touch. Hope that makes sense? Also, keep in mind the thrusters behind me may look a little bit further apart. Thats because I don't have the back center piece on.

Thanks bro!

Aw yez the bathroom pic. Going to see what i find in the back ground. Stalker. Looking great my friend, i dont think the scaling is off. Especially if you are going to pad the undersuit.

You definitely a stalker, thinking you can just randomly pop up here in there throughout the past few months, lol. When you coming back for good? Speaking of the bathroom, wife saw the pic, and was like the bathroom is dirty, you got the toilet seat up and all. I was like who caresl! Lol, thanks Crimmson, yeah undersuit is whats gonna make are break the overall appearance of the build.

It looks fine to me. You can always do some padding to make you look more bulky, but it seems fine to me.

sooo , everything is as at a default scale??? looks really good and proportional to me.

So far everything is default scale, except for the forearms. Actually the forearms were scaled down. Thanks!

It looks fine to me. You can always do some padding to make you look more bulky, but it seems fine to me.

Yes that will definitely help. I have an idea at least for the torso. I plan on pepping the torso of the undersuit. It lacks detail, so I'm gonna add some via 3d modeling. Or print it out in pepakura with the diffuse map texture. That way I'll have a template to go off of to sculpt in the extra details. The pepped torso will be resined and fiberglassed. Once its strengthned and hardened I will use Eva foam and place it over the torso, and then heat shape/ form it with a heat gun.

did you tried smoothing it out in the program using the edged color tool? the 3 colored pencils and then choosing hide edged almost flat and setting it up to %150 . it should be smooth and easy to build . no bondo required just resin and a little fiberglass on the inside.

did you tried smoothing it out in the program using the edged color tool? the 3 colored pencils and then choosing hide edged almost flat and setting it up to %150 . it should be smooth and easy to build . no bondo required just resin and a little fiberglass on the inside.

I went ahead an took Masterbuilder's hand/finger plate file, and imported it into Blender. Used the Subdivide modifier, I think twice. I only did that because I needed to shrink the outer edges, because I found that the finger plates were sitting to high up on my finger. So I ended up deleting 2 rings of of faces from each finger plate. Which took care of that. But, for some reason I thought that subdividing would smooth out the model also. Well I guess that's not the case. If I can get them smoothed out, I can get the finger plates situated to where they would all be flat like they would be sitting on the base of the printer bed. (the supports were looking kinda crazy) Thats what the guy said to do that owns the 3d printer. I imagine all 3D printer programs creates the supports for you once its in position of where you place it in the 3d view. Another thing to was after he imported the file into the printer, the faces had its original polygon count. Remember that I mentioned earlier that I subdivided twice, well it didn't stay that way upon exporting the stl. file. Also, I would like to keep some of the edges to remain a hard edge and not smoothed. I'm wanting them to remain that way because I plan to put a small bevel on them with a dremel. As you can tell, I'm not really sure how to get them set up for 3D printing.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back