SBG's Halo 4 MC build.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... given how bad it came down here in Virginia last night, I'm not surprised to see flooding. That being said, despite coming from a country that is known for bad weather, I must say I'm surprised at the ferocity of American storms. I've seen bad floods before (Boscastle, the bad floods at the beginning of 2015) but nothing at all on the scale and frequency as America seems to get flood-level storms.

Glad to know that the damage isn't terrible and that your projects have survived. Here's to hoping the waters recede quickly and that you'll be able to get cracking sharpish.

Thanks Chernobyl. I haven't been able to do anything with the armor for about a week now. Just itching to get my hands back on it. Project for now, I decided to start Unfolding whole armors from Halo5, starting from the top of the list. About to finish the Helm, modeling at least. Just a little prepping for Pepakura. Separated the plume to make it easier for assembly, exported it then noticed that I accidentally deleted a face. Whoops! Waist of time specifying edges then, it was back to Blender. Also I was then reminded that all the visors on every helm variant aren't connected to the rest of the helm. So I'm fixing that. Then in Pepakura there shouldn't be any red lines around the visor.:) Time for a change I guess, just really wanting to see more of a variety of armor builds. Definitely think its because the lack of Unfolded files.

I won't quote the whole reply for brevities sake. Safe to say, I think you have an amazing outlook.

And you are right. It is when we are hit the worst that we seem to come together.

While some people may shake their first to the sky and scream "why God?" You say "okay God, gotcha. Hey neighbour, need a hand?"

I think that is the way he intended..

Looking forward to the return to your armour.

And to your flood waters receding.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Also I was then reminded that all the visors on every helm variant aren't connected to the rest of the helm.

That's somewhat my fault - when I work on the file extractions I'm more concerned with actually getting the files prepped and in a state I'd call 'fit to publish'. That means that the file is at least workable, doesn't have any geometry errors, and is ready to receive textures for those who are able to use them.

just really wanting to see more of a variety of armor builds. Definitely think its because the lack of Unfolded files

I'm only halfway in agreement with you here. I'd personally argue that the issue is more with community laziness - members simply can't be bothered any more to get up and out, and process any work any more. Back in the days of Halo 3 and Halo Reach, we had a lot of talented members putting out custom-modelled assets for the community to enjoy, mainly due to the fact that game-ripped assets were few and far between. Nowadays, people expect these assets - however, the files are quickly becoming much more complex to work with, which means that members are somewhat put-off from the idea of preparing them for Pepakura/foam use. It becomes a vicious circle - everyone wants the files, but nobody wants to process/create them.

There's also the rise in popularity that 3D printers have enjoyed - more and more members nowadays are eschewing 'traditional' build methods in favour of 3D printing, so we're seeing a lot more files that are prepared for 3D printers as opposed to traditional means.

All rambling aside, you're doing an amazing job of taking this work on yourself. I would personally recommend you perhaps take a look at some of the more popular armour types out there rather than poking at the list in alphabetic order, however.

Chernobyl

Yeah, aside from the lack of unfolded files, that poses to be true to. Also, now that you mentioned it about the models not being completely a 100% upon extraction. I'm cracking a smile. You remember the Didact model I asked you for? Well, his head wasn't connected to the rest of the body. The hands weren't either. The hands were a easy fix up. But for the head, I was like what the heck was the 343 modelers thinking with having these things not being one solid mesh. Got the Didact to a decent state with a quick rig test, but still have issues with geometry poking through with extreme neck bends. Kind of helps when you leave his helmet on. Lol, its all good though. One more thing, I hear ya on the3d printer front. If I had one, I'd definitely be putting it to work! But I think we still have a good majority going with traditional methods. Doing what I said I was to do seems like a daunting task, hopefully I can stay committed not a garantee. Just don't have my armor to play with right now, thought I could replace my time with this project.:cool

Thanks for your acknowledgements! And yes that was rather long. I don't blame you for not wanting to quote the whole thing. And yes, I'm also ready to get back working on the armor!

IMG_20161109_220651_zps7gaohkae.jpg

It's good to be back working on the armor! Pepping of the thighs is complete. It is my goal to have everything completely pepped by the end of the year. That way I can focus on getting the rest resined, then start body filler work. Hopefully that will give me enough time to finish the armor by next October.

I already have the right foot cut out, with glue on the tabs. So today I'll start working on the assembly of the right foot during my lunch hours at work. At home I will be focusing on finishing up assembly on one of the HD forearms. Once that's done, then right shin, and booty plate is left to pep.

Also, to all you Hellcat armor fans, the helm, and torso is unfolded. Both of them need organizing in the 2d view. Please be patient, now that I'm back working on the armor it may be a while before I get done with those Unfolds.:)

KingK I barely caught your request about the Archilles armor. Only because CommanderPalmer forgot to add the G12 at the end of SavedbyGrace. Thank you for the shout out Mara. AIso I had the forearm done but, computer battery died and ended up destroying the file. Not sure when I'll jump back on the Unfolds for that armor, maybe after the Hellcat armor. Although, would love to see some pics of the pep of the Archilles, just saying. Anyways happy pepping to all!

Attachments

• IMG_20161109_220651_zps7gaohkae.jpg
    IMG_20161109_220651_zps7gaohkae.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome! Love your work by the way. Ive been watching this thread since it started and worked on the scaling for nearly 6 months now. I think ill start this weekend with the shoulders and helm and hopefully finish by next year! Thanks for such a detailed thread, it was really helpful.

That's awesome! Love your work by the way. Ive been watching this thread since it started and worked on the scaling for nearly 6 months now. I think ill start this weekend with the shoulders and helm and hopefully finish by next year! Thanks for such a detailed thread, it was really helpful.

Thank you kindly sir Whaledalt! Glad to know you've found something useful from my build! If ya need any help with anything, just ask.

Just updating. Finally got around to finishing the other HD forearm. Right foot is almost complete with assembly, just need to assemble the toe, and heel part. May start up the Cameo tommorrow for the butt plate. So far looks like I'll be on schedule for completing pep assembly by the end of year! Enjoy guys, and happy pepping to all!

IMG_20161126_163142_1_zpshgbapuvl.jpg

IMG_20161126_162806_zpsim7ivfxw.jpg

IMG_20161126_162604_1_zpsnhzsuytt.jpg

IMG_20161126_162054_1_zpsfe07kkob.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161126_163142_1_zpshgbapuvl.jpg
    IMG_20161126_163142_1_zpshgbapuvl.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20161126_162806_zpsim7ivfxw.jpg
    IMG_20161126_162806_zpsim7ivfxw.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20161126_162054_1_zpsfe07kkob.jpg
    IMG_20161126_162054_1_zpsfe07kkob.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20161126_162604_1_zpsnhzsuytt.jpg
    IMG_20161126_162604_1_zpsnhzsuytt.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 212
IMG_20170127_185646_1.jpg
IMG_20170125_224726_1.jpg
Noice Chief ya got there!

Thanks Sensei! Well, it's time for another briefing, just finished pepping the buttplate. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! All that's left to pepp is the right shin. Hope to finish the pepped shin within the next 2 two weeks, but who knows. Anywho here is a pic of the pepped booty plate.

Last edited:
SavedbyGraceG12, hope all is well back at home. Suit is looking super great.....Pep is so clean and tight fitted. Can't wait to see end product!!!

@Gabma

Her ya go sir. Make sure to download them individually. From what I've been seeing is that downloading all the files in one zip won't work.

405th - Halo Costuming

@Dirtdives
Thanks Dirt! Don't know if its gonna fit me anymore, lol! I've been gone through some Spartan augmentations these past 5 months. Got pics to prove it, lol! To be honest I've been slacking on the build, hopefully I'll get the shin pepped by the end of the month. It's all thats left but, I'm not making any promises.:)
IMG_20161217_084153_1.jpg
IMG_20161217_084349_1.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know what you looked like before but that is some serious Spartan Augmentation!!! Doing the MC workout? And yes something is a bit screwie w/ the files from the old sight. If you use 7 Zip to open the files....they work then.......

Thanks @PaiganBoi, I can't wait to see what you have to bring to the table, with your projects! And welcome to the 405TH!

Dirtdives
Not sure, check the first page of my thread. You'll see me holding up some pieces of the torso armor. I think there is a big difference. Looking back I'm like dang I was scrawny, lol! Also, do me a favor, and download my Unfold of the Hunter helm found in the file archive. Shonen was asking about it,. I've tried it myself but, upon opening it in Pepakura I'm seeing noththing show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back