[FINISHED] Fallout Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fallout 4 Custom Power Armor & Helmet

Thanks for the support! Well the helmet is now 'finished'. My visor should arrive this weekend, there are a few little details I'll neaten up with a small paintbrush, I need to reposition the tubes on the side an the shoulder pads, as they connect a bit when I turn my head.

Anyway here it is:
KngsOAk.jpg
Today I found out that I suck ass at painting. Like everything else in this project though, this is a rush job so I'm going to let it go for now, this is my first project and it's a rush job too. Expecting perfection from this would be too optimistic.

It does look really amazing, especially as you've rushed. Very well done, mate.

Excellent! With your current rate of progress, do you reckon you'll finish the suit within your deadline?

Very slick looking helmet. Question: is that a coffee cup top on the very front?

Very slick looking helmet. Question: is that a coffee cup top on the very front?

Haha yes! I'm actually so glad you noticed and brought this up. I was going to mention my usage of general plastic waste at some point but I forgot.

The front mouthpiece is the lid of a Starbucks Latte Iced coffee, like the sealed ones you can get in a shop.
The two side mouthpieces are Tropicana bottle lids.
The handles on either side of the Visor are actually a shower curtain ring that I cut down the middle.
The two small knobs on either side of the helmet are ink bottle lids.
Pretty much all the accessories on the top of the helmet are made from bottle lids, except the side torch which has been modified with a bottle lid.

So yeah, I've been real sneaky with accessories, and it's why the helmet only took me like 14 days to make rather than 40 haha.

Excellent! With your current rate of progress, do you reckon you'll finish the suit within your deadline?

I wasn't sure that long ago, but things are starting to look up. I had about 15 weeks to do this, I've used 5 of those weeks up, and I've very nearly finished the top half of the suit, only leaving waist, thighs, shins and shoes to be done.

I'd normally say I'm at 50% completion, but the Helmet took more time and effort than any other part of the suit so far, so I'd say more like 70%. Putting together some basic legs from foam should be a walk in the park, and 10 weeks is plenty of time. I am however hoping to learn how to drive in the next month so I can actually get to MCM xD.

Anyway a mini update:
The chest has been painted, and while I know it's a bit sloppy, this suit is probably a one-time usage, maybe I'll pull it out the closet for Halloween too, and the helmet will make a great display, but I'm not a professional and this is my first time, so I'm happy with it for now. Perhaps down the line I'll return to this project and redo the paint entirely when I'm more experienced.
Xeapte0.jpg

Haha yes! I'm actually so glad you noticed and brought this up. I was going to mention my usage of general plastic waste at some point but I forgot.

The front mouthpiece is the lid of a Starbucks Latte Iced coffee, like the sealed ones you can get in a shop.
The two side mouthpieces are Tropicana bottle lids.
The handles on either side of the Visor are actually a shower curtain ring that I cut down the middle.
The two small knobs on either side of the helmet are ink bottle lids.
Pretty much all the accessories on the top of the helmet are made from bottle lids, except the side torch which has been modified with a bottle lid.

So yeah, I've been real sneaky with accessories, and it's why the helmet only took me like 14 days to make rather than 40 haha.

That's great, I love the resourcefulness. The suit is looking good!

Just finished cutting out and gluing a paper giftbox together for my daughter. Now, obviously, I'm a pro, and will be doing multiple suits and helmets on a weekly basis. :D

Okay so a big important update today, I am pleased to say I am way ahead of schedule and In terms of actual construction I am at 100%.

So you've seen the completed helmet and chest piece, the last time you saw the arms they were a bit plain so I have added a bit more detail, those are away at the moment so I'll be sure to grab a picture of them at some point.

Since my last update I have made the stomach plate, the codpiece, the thighs, the shins and the boots! That means the only thing left is the gloves and the gun, both of which I'm buying and painting. Here the picture is.
gbDs50H.jpg

So next up is the gloves, weapon, paint & strapping. Then I'm all done! Although I'd like to get a mannequin at some point though that's not too important, I can do that whenever. Other than that small list I need to finish my driving lessons and pass my test though, no way I can get a suit all the way to London without my own ride.

So yeah, thanks for the support guys, it seems like my time limit was not an issue. Apparently if you put your head down you can do a lot of foam work in a small amount of time, and I'm no perfectionist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back