UNSC Army Airborne trooper foam build. Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilroyactual117

Hi all. I'm new to this site and have been looking around for a while and finally found something I think I can do for my first project. Using templates I found here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=31845&highlight=Reach+army+trooper+build+foam I'm going to start making some unsc army trooper armor. I took these templates, went down to my local techshop, and put them into the laser cutter and came out with this:
image.jpg
More to come so check back soon.

Re: UNSC army trooper foam build

The beginnings of the attachment process for the plate carrier. I used velcro on the back side so it could be removed easily.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Normally I'm not a fan of using the reverse side of EVA foam but it's adding a really nice texture to your armor. Did you order some special foam because I've never seen reverse texture like that.

Did they increase the price? Seems like they've caught on to the use of their foam.
it's usually around that price where I'm from too but I wait until I get a $7 coupon and go stock up. haha.

dude that looks freaking sweet! cant wait to see the finished suit

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Im mostly done painting the armor by now. I still have to weather the chest piece and attach some of the detail pieces. Afterwards I'll apply a matte finish and hopefully make it less shiny looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back