2015 Dragon*Con 405th Dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilmortar

Hey everyone,

If you have been to Dragon*Con in the last 2 years, you should be aware that we as well do a 405th Group Dinner!

The last 2 years we have had it at the Mellow Mushroom pizzeria down the street from the Hyatt hotel which has always been more than accomodating. I know we are starting to grow immensely and want to begin our preparations for the dinner planning.

Unlike the parade, all are welcome. We want prospective members as well as our veteran members there just the like!

So we are considering Mellow Mushroom again, but want to get a reservation in Early so we can get the whole upstairs again, but if we overgrow that space, we might look into some where larger, but need to plan a month in advance.

So LETS LET THE SIGN UP BEGIN!

As well we will do some more free raffles for the attendees!

1. Gilmortar
2. Hydra
3. mwmanus
4. mwmanus'+1
5. SidneyM2109
6. Cadet
7. Cadet's+1
8. calladar
9. calladar's+1
10. calladar's+1
11. calladar's+1
12. gmstrowabarton
13. gmstrowabarton's+1
14. BlazedStarbon
15. BlazedStarbon's +1
16. Blackblood
17. Justinian 117
18. Icon Props
19. Hyperballistik
20. Fangs
21. link4044
22. link4044
23. MelPool
Etc, Etc...

I, along with my girlfriend, plan on joining you guys this year, and more than likely my friend will be there too, he's on the forum as well, his username is SidneyM2109

+1
tumblr_inline_nkpxh1b9UI1qiy08t.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_nkpxh1b9UI1qiy08t.gif
    tumblr_inline_nkpxh1b9UI1qiy08t.gif
    763.6 KB · Views: 283
Quick question - what day are you planning to reserve and approximately what time? (I'm currently under the impression that this will most likely take place Saturday?)

I along with kassie and the kids will be there. also, are we doing a raffle again this year?

Yes, I am thinking most likely Saturday will be the way to go. This is the breakdown I am considering.

Saturday Morning, the Parade.
Following the parade, the 405th Photoshoot we do at the top of the Peachtree Mall.
That usually ends around noonish, so figure we can do Lunch following, or let everyone go and unsuit and then meet at 2 or 3 to go to the Mellow Mushroom.

Hows that sound for everyone?

Thanks for the breakdown and setting this up, Gilmortar.

Please put myself down for attendance. I may have guests tagging along, but they're not 100% yet. So +1 will suffice from me for now.

If its lunch...i'm out. :(
I have to get back to my table to sell all the things.
Gotta make the monies.

I'm down for any time and place. Also Jim (Icon Props) and Steve (Hyperballistic) will also be there.

A break after the photo shoot will be a good idea. It gives people a chance to unsuit and rest for a bit. Otherwise there will definitely be some people who pass out. lol

Ok! Will update the numbers here in a moment. The big ticket is still, what time guys and gals? I know some folks have some costume commitments on Saturday, and some folks like JSnell have their artists booth to tend to.

So...do we want to do it about and hour after the post parade photo shoot? or move it a little later?

I'm up for whenever, but I would kind of prefer later if I had to choose, my only issue is if there's a panel or something that I really want to go to that ends up being scheduled at the same time, but theres no way to know that for sure just yet, hopefully that won't be the case though.

the only real thing I don't want to hinder, is getting into the prime costuming/mingling time at the hotels in the evening. Which that as we know begins around 7pm. So want people to have ample time to get back to their rooms, and put on their costuming wears and make it down to whatever event/area they want/need.

So, will need to call Mellow Mushroom to book said event here this week, how does everyone feel about a late lunch after the photoshoot at 2?

the only real thing I don't want to hinder, is getting into the prime costuming/mingling time at the hotels in the evening. Which that as we know begins around 7pm. So want people to have ample time to get back to their rooms, and put on their costuming wears and make it down to whatever event/area they want/need.

So, will need to call Mellow Mushroom to book said event here this week, how does everyone feel about a late lunch after the photoshoot at 2?

That works for me

Hi. I'm friends with transmut1 and am in the process of finishing my Halo 3 Mark VI armor for Dragon Con. I'd love to meet you guys for food since I'm guessing I'm too late/not eligible for the parade anyway. I'm cool with any time on Saturday as I haven't really set my schedule yet anyway.

JSnellArt I know you and Liz will probably have to bow out with that time, but I promise I'll bring whatever pizza you want over to your table bro :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back