i know this a stupid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do i get the stuff to make the molds

Sorry, your question was 'where can I buy pre made molds' obviously not your wording, but it was the same question.
And eBay is probably your best bet. Usually much cheaper than in store.

um yea what am i looking for

On eBay just type in 'Mold Making Silicone' and you'll find what you need.
You should do some research, though. This site is full of hundreds of extremely helpful tutorials and lots of amazing advice in general.

First of all - please don't double-post. The Edit function exists for a reason, there's no need for you to constantly double-post, and you're skirting the rules when you do so.

Secondly: from a business standpoint, are you sure it's wise to be offering up sales for products that aren't yet completed and don't have any images to go with them? Bear in mind that I'm not trying to discourage you here, but some images of completed, saleable work might go a long way to encouraging customers. Putting up renders from the game and saying 'I'll be selling these' probably won't get you many customers.

As for your actual request: try researching through the 405th, there are dozens of current threads active that discuss mould making. However, consider looking on eBay for cheap mould-making supplies, there are literally hundreds of options that you could use if you're trying to mass-fabricate props on a shoestring - but be aware that you get what you pay for, so expect to pay a little more if you want decent-quality products.

I have to agree with Chernobyl, you should definitely have your own props created before you offer them up for sale. On that front, it is very, VERY misleading to post up images from the Internet on your website in lieu of your own products.

You have over 700 posts on this forum, Noble10, and I would assume that you are familiar with the search function that this forum supplies. I'd recommend giving it a try, as there are many threads that give you all of the information you need. You just need to put in the effort to find them.

Getting the materials is only half the battle. Mold making can be challenging, especially if you want to replicate products perfectly. I'd recommend giving Thorrsoli's mk6 build thread a good read (it can be found in the elite section), as he posts up quite a bit on mold making and the products that he uses.

thanks every one i will give it a go

The enthusiasm is great, noble, but I have one more quick word of caution. 343/Microsoft don't have a huge issue with us, as prop makers, doing small runs of replica props from their games, but there is a fine line that you should be wary of crossing as well. I noticed you have a number of images which are not your property on your website. I'm not sure who's they are, but if they are property of Microsoft or 343, and you are trying to sell replica items based on their models, you could very well get in some trouble.

In my honest opinion dude, dial it back a bit. Finish a couple props so that people can see what your work is like, and then you can build up a decent reputation and client base. I'd strongly recommend at least removing the pictures from your site based on both copyright infringement and false advertising(what I mean by that, is I'd be pretty upset to order something that looks like a perfect digital render, and receive something that's carved out of a block of foam. I'm not saying your work is sub par, but we haven't seen any completed props from you).

Treat it as a hobby for now. Learn lots. Enjoy it. Once you have a decent set of skills, maybe try to get some money out of it. I'm not trying you be a pessimist, but I think you are just bitin off a little more than you can chew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back