Halo 4 Hayabusa concept /custom armor (photo heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdarkx

So i have posted a previous thread about what kind of armor should i build. after days and weeks of thinking i have decided to build the halo 4 hayabusa concept armor. seeing that there wasn't a lot of pepakura files of this armor i have decided to take it on in a different approach and build a custom one. bare with me at first i tried to build a halo 4 master chief armor, finished it but wasn't proud of the build. wasn't good enough for my liking. but i have learned from that build and now im here to show you what i got :). the build will consist of fiberglass and resin parts, Eva foam and a few sculpted pieces.
. post-26953-0-04894400-1358979762.jpg
First off:
Shoulders
hayabusa_halo_4_shoulders_by_darkxfalcon-d8xbgq8.jpg
Used Eva foam to build the shoulders, made them free handed and to my liking, they are lightweight,simple but looks good. i will be sealing it and painting it with plastic dip (BLACK) until i finish the rest of my armor.

post-26953-0-04894400-1358979762.jpg

hayabusa_halo_4_shoulders_by_darkxfalcon-d8xbgq8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
your work looks clean and crisp, that's the key to a successful foam project, keep it up! :thumbsup

I've been waiting for a great hayabusa foam build to inspire me to do my own one day, so maybe you're the chosen one, haha

your work looks clean and crisp, that's the key to a successful foam project, keep it up! :thumbsup

I've been waiting for a great hayabusa foam build to inspire me to do my own one day, so maybe you're the chosen one, haha
i will try man, thanks for the support, i gotta finish it before the midnight XD so gotta work quick!
will post more pictures in a few hours.

Forearms:
IMG_0941_zpsesngctty.jpg
IMG_0942_zpszmweyjdp.jpg
IMG_0942_zpszmweyjdp.jpg
so for the forarms i used "impact props" stencils,but i had to do alot of modifications so it would fit nicely and still look good on me. decide to go with this type of forarm because it goes nicely with the whole hayabusa "thing"
might scultp and cast custom hayabusa forearms and might sell a few if i ever do. but for now this will do since i only have 2 months till the halo 5 midnight.

IMG_0941_zpsesngctty.jpg

IMG_0942_zpszmweyjdp.jpg

Chest piece:
IMG_0308_zpsgbgkvn2y.jpg

IMG_0309_zpso1ozogmu.jpg
IMG_0518_zpsjd8fakdo.jpg
IMG_0520_zpsqdfghexb.jpg
IMG_0613_zps0zpeae8c.jpg
IMG_0614_zps9m5qbpw1.jpg
IMG_0638_zpsz1mwcwwx.jpg

So here is the chest piece i have prepared for my suit. since there's no hayabusa chest piece templates available i have decided to go with this one. its the Oceanic chest piece, since it gives a good vibe to the helmet i have decided to build it.
it looks simple enough but i will be doing alot of modifications and details by hand. so it stands out from a normal chest piece.
i did 2 coats of resin on the outside, 2 coats of resin with fiberglass on the inside and once that was dry i did 3 lights coats of rondo in the inside to make it hard enough.
will put some LED's on the back and on the front of the chest. to simulate the original concept.
Chest progress 60%

IMG_0308_zpsgbgkvn2y.jpg

IMG_0309_zpso1ozogmu.jpg

IMG_0518_zpsjd8fakdo.jpg

IMG_0520_zpsqdfghexb.jpg

IMG_0613_zps0zpeae8c.jpg

IMG_0614_zps9m5qbpw1.jpg

IMG_0638_zpsz1mwcwwx.jpg

Helmet:
IMG_0526_zpswicwn8ut.jpg
IMG_0954_zpsgbjzvuc1.jpg
So the helmet i will be using is the raw cast from impact props. i know, i know i should have build it, but with the time limit i got it wouldn't be possible. i will do make it once i have the armor completed, just to make it my own desing.
painting it black until i decide the color.

IMG_0526_zpswicwn8ut.jpg

IMG_0954_zpsgbjzvuc1.jpg

hayabusa_halo_4_shoulders_sealed_by_darkxfalcon-d93b0t4.jpghalo_4_hayabusa_progress_by_darkxfalcon-d92ww7q.jpg
Here are the pictures of what i have till now, sealed the foam pieces (shoulders and forearms) with mod podge and 4-5 coats of plastic dip. i will be removing the shoulder "sleeve" and will replace it with black elastic bands. it will fit better around my arms and i will give me a better range of motion. i feel that the hayabusa should look bad ass and at the same time look mean and "speedy" not to "bulky" but hey, thats just me.
At the moment im attempting to sculpt a custom hand plate but i will see if i succeed.

Sorry for not being on and keeping you guys posted. its been a busy week but i do have an update for you guys.
IMG_1059_zpsj6haj9rs.jpgIMG_1058_zpsvhnjhezi.jpg25132d60-e937-466c-99c7-5ae7a5d97ec5_zpsxmvgujkc.jpgIMG_1065_zpsyfkprcri.jpgcfba68e2-d92b-4d38-9b63-6acb3436008e_zpsgq2bvb1p.jpg
alright so this is the hand plates i sculpted, before anyone states the obvious, yeah they aren't perfect and i am really not 100% happy with them, but for the sake of having hand plates i tried to sand them down and to cover mayor imperfections.
this is only a temp fix, until i get some good quality silicone to make a proper mold of the sculpt. in addiction these hand plates weren't the one i wanted to go with, but i tried twice with the silicone and soap method and fail that i really got tired of making it real detailed.

IMG_1073_zpsllfbmgod.jpgIMG_1072_zpsbj0miqjm.jpgIMG_1074_zpsbwvxzo8t.jpgIMG_1071_zps0aqwlmwm.jpg
So after i finished preparing the shoulders i noticed a big ass problem, it reduces the range of motion of my arms. so to fix this i went with a easy,quick and smart solution. i used pieces of black elastic and glue them into the foam, the bond is super strong and in term gives me back my range of motion. i am super happy with this.

IMG_1079_zpslryuz3ii.jpg
and this is me test fitting the arms an shoulders.
Note: theses aren't the gloves i will be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back