3D Print Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickSEESall13

I am looking for some good 3D printable armor (and mostly weapon) STL or OBJ files. I have found files here on 405th but the weapons come in whole pieces and I do not have a 3D printer large enough to print weapons and armor and keep the scale 1:1 at the same time.

I am looking for some good 3D printable armor (and mostly weapon) STL or OBJ files. I have found files here on 405th but the weapons come in whole pieces and I do not have a 3D printer large enough to print weapons and armor and keep the scale 1:1 at the same time.

You might need to do some work on researching how to break up and refine models for printing. It's never as easy as simply throwing a model into a 3D printer and expecting it to work - you'll need to split it up to ensure it fits on the bed, and generate the required toolpaths.

I'd recommend Blender for refining your models - again, some research will yield better results.

King rahl has a VERY good set of files on thingaverse but you need to get very comfy with blender and also meshmixer.
Ive been printing a full H4 suit based on his files for my Donut cosplay. Iam on my last week or so out of months of printing .

If you want to learn from my path to plastic Pink armor Here is my thread http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=44801

for weapons , again meshmixer lets you divvy ( Dice ) parts in to chunks and then Slice them on the printer's software.

It's never as easy as simply throwing a model into a 3D printer and expecting it to work -.

Sooooo true!
Peter

Thank you both! The problem with blender is I can not easily find a way to insert pegs and corresponding holes for the parts to be attached with.

Try meshmixer and 123d Design both are more CAD like and there for are more geared to pegs IMO..

would you beable to share a screencap so I can see where you have problems ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back