A Starcraft build? Say whaaaaaa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperion Armory

Hello, everyone in the 405th. My name is James, and I am half of a father/son duo who are into cosplay and propmaking. Unlike many of you, who are interested in making Halo pieces of arms and armor, we are endeavoring to bring to life another franchise. Due to their bulk and complexity, Terran Marine suits from the Starcraft universe have previously been unattempted... or just attempted poorly :p. We are in the process of making one to the specifications and scrutinization of the whole nation of South Korea (they're really big into Starcraft). The build must be completed by early November, for entry into this year's Blizzcon costume contest. We've been working at it for quite a while now, and have recently started a Facebook page where we're making regular updates to how all parts of the suit are coming along. If you want to check it out, click the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyperion-Armory/501566823337282?fref=nf

If any of you might have some supporting or insightful words on how our build is coming along, please feel free to leave a message in this thread or on our official Facebook page.

In the interest of bridging together two great sic-fi franchises, I bid you all adieu, and give the 405th banner a hearty salute.

Raquisite, thank you very much for your post. I looked up the RFP and saw some very well-made costumes, including the one you mentioned. It's made my heart race even more at the thought of who we're up against, and hopefully this stress will drive us to do even better. Again, thank you.

Raquisite, thank you very much for your post. I looked up the RFP and saw some very well-made costumes, including the one you mentioned. It's made my heart race even more at the thought of who we're up against, and hopefully this stress will drive us to do even better. Again, thank you.

You are very welcome. I look forward to seeing this build come together and progress.

Some of those images on your facebook page look real nice, can't wait to see this take a bit more shape but it does look like you guys are putting some serious effort into this!

Good luck!

Within the next few days we should have our C-14 Impaler gauss rifle operational. Stay tuned for pics of that. I know all you Halo fans out there are less interested in Starcraft hardskins but have a keen interest in all that-which-makes-things-go-boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back