Desert ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barroth

Jr Member
Hello 405th!

I will be making a desert ODST costume. I have ordered tac gear to make up the majority of the chest area and am currently working on the chestplate for it. I made the shoulders earlier to go with my last ODST costume but will use them for this. I will repaint some of the armor from the other set as well to make the costume run a little cheaper. I will post pictures as I work.

Ok here is the chestplate and the shoulders. I need to trim down the shoulders a bit i think and bevel the inside edge so they don't look so thick.

WIN_20150730_21_19_52_Pro.jpg

Looking forward to the paint/colour scheme!

Be careful you don't bevel too much! You don't want the armour to look too thin, either!

Alright Here is the majority of the armor after the repaint. It looks like it will be lighter than the tac gear as the gloves are in a similar color to it. Sorry about the rotation they won't show up oriented correctly.

IMG_0010.JPGIMG_0011.JPGIMG_0014.JPGIMG_0018.JPGIMG_0019.JPG

I did find out that painting EVA foam with hand painted acrylic paints can yield desirable results. The foam I painted was "sealed" by me essentially melting the "mass effect" look off of the foam (One side is a bunch of pyramids and the other was mass effect) so here are the pauldrons painted with such a technique.

IMG_0022.JPGIMG_0020.JPG

Alright progress update. All I have left is to resin an paint the chestplate, kukri, and sheath then find a way to attach the chestplate to the tac gear mounted on my torso. The tac gear came in recently (today) so the armor should be ready to go by Friday or so. I will post pictures of the emblem I paint on it and of me in my entire suit. Another thing is I make these suits for heavy use so I run and (possibly) roll in them. What they lack in game quality they pick up in making me look like a total badass playing Humans versus Zombies (or for halo terms Humans versus Flood).

Ok so here is the full suit and a close up of the emblem. Again sorry about the rotation issue.

IMG_0024.JPGIMG_0023.JPG

Alright so here is a product list in case anyone wants to make their own or similar variants.

1 Lancer tactical MOLLE chest rig
1 Matrix MOLLE hydration system (on my back)
1 pair V-Tac armored half finger gloves
DFT's shins, thighs, hip plates, and shoulders.
Chestplate from Nightshade here
Some variant of the ODST helmet I used Dutch
Emile's kukri found here
Metallic visor material
Camel tan paint
Matte black paint

That is an awesome BDU. I like the emblem, visor colour is neat and the kukri is a nice touch.

Sent from my Vodafone 890N using Tapatalk

looking good cant wait to see it finished, it is always awesome to see environmental specific troopers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back