Halo 5 - Linda's armour. (Eva foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelauun

Heya folks. After finishing my halo 4 recruit build I decided to hand that over to my girlfriend, while she's going to make it more her style I'm going to start working on Petty Officer Linda-058's armour, but making it into a male version. I've spoken to a few people and they've advised me to use the halo 4 chief templates and heavily modify them. For this I'll have to use as many reference pictures as possible. If anyone has anything other than the pictures a quick google search can throw, I'd greatly appreciate it!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'd post pictures, but I'm not allowed. There's a recent comic book that shows what Blue Team has been up to and it it'll have images of Linda's armor. Not sure if it's 100% game-accurate, but it could help fill in pieces.
http://i.imgur.com/oTYdnDb.png

This is perfect, I've been trying to find the comic but I'm not sure which one it is! But all the pictures like this will help out massively.

I hope to see some pics of your build. I know a few friends here who want to make it, but are a bit intimidated by it. Maybe someone working on it may change their minds =P. Good luck!

At the moment I'm just getting as many reference pictures as possible, hopefully making it somewhat easier to do. I've managed to get all the tools for it, IE; foam, hot glue, lights, fans and wiring. Now it's just a task of putting it all together. I'll be sure to post as many pics as possible!

I'll have the first update by Sunday evening. Just currently putting a few templates with the Halo 4 Master Chief armour to make it as close to Linda's as possible. :D

Finally some update! I spent a while the other night printing all the Mk VI.2 templates off, and then cut out the ones which I needed for the chest. Before all this though, I tried to scratch build it. The results are, eh, tedious.
image.jpg
I swiftly put this into the "consider doing something with this later" pile, then carried on with the templates.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Can't create without a cat sitting on the most crucial parts!
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've got lots of work to do before October but if I keep this pace up I'll be done in no time!

Your build looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see more progress.

Thanks!

So for todays update, I've decided to make a start on the booties, since I've got more EVA foam on order I'm going to use whatever I have leftover from the chest to make the boots, or boot - depending on how much foam I have left!

What did you use to cut your foam ?

I used £1 craft knives from my local poundland, they've always worked well for me!

Update time!

ux9S6uj.jpg

TTiVboS.jpg

Sorry for hardly any update pictures and progress stuff, I keep forgetting.

I've got a load of work to do on the helmet, (actually finish spraying it, since the paint ran out half-way through! D:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back