A couple questions and something to think about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy

First off, sorry about not posting, joined the site and my computer ate itself! Bought another computer and the hard drive crashed about 2 hours after transferring all the stuff from my old computer. Which included all of my resized pep files. Wouldn't be so bad, if I wasn't half way through my build.
Anyways, have a big question, building a Fallout T45 helmet and I want to light up the eye sockets and still be able to see through them. I have been looking through tutorials, but have not found one that shows how to do it, without sacrificing the ability to see. Any help would be appreciated.
Another question is about Gorilla glue. Does anyone use this product and if so, will it hold up to the many heat issues that I have read about?
And one thing I have found out, as a first time builder, when you are sizing a major part of a set of armor, take in to account any changes that might occur when you loose 75 pounds and loosing more because you have to, due to medical reasons! Resin/fiberglass parts are not vey forgiving!

When there is too much light, it will cause glare. There's nothing you can do about that unfortunately. Out of interest, why do you want to light up the inside of the helmet anyway?

T45 helmets don't have illuminated eyes, so a black visor should work fine.

If you're going for a custom build though and REALLY want light up eyes you can buy El-wire that is basically wire that lights up. You can put it around the visor to get a close effect.

The only other way I know is to buy a pair of illuminated goggles and install them to the helmet, but they are probably not cheap. I think they're called 'Cyber goggles' or something weird.

Going with a modified T45 build, going backward in the evolution of the armor, before it went in to production.

The EL wire is what I was looking for and more, thanks for the help! Really only want to make the lenses glow. Messed around with basic LEDs, where I bonded some to the edge of some thin acrylic that I am using for the lenses, but it didn't have the coverage I was looking for.

Thanks again for the help!

T45 helmets don't have illuminated eyes, so a black visor should work fine.

If you're going for a custom build though and REALLY want light up eyes you can buy El-wire that is basically wire that lights up. You can put it around the visor to get a close effect.

The only other way I know is to buy a pair of illuminated goggles and install them to the helmet, but they are probably not cheap. I think they're called 'Cyber goggles' or something weird.

Oooh thanks for the idea. I haven't thought about using EL Wire. Some of my other ideas were too bright and bad on the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back