3D Printing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickSEESall13

I am currently trying to 3D print a piece of an Assault Rifle. I am using ABS fillimant on an XYZ Davinci 1.0. The print does not seem to be stable and I seem to have problems with getting the plastic to stick to the print bed, it might be the curved sides of the assault rifle or something else. Do you know what I should do I am thinking about turning on the raft option but the raft can get difficult to take off of the model with ABS plastic.
1.png2.png

AH I see the problem ;)

so Here's what you need to do .
Think Z Axis!
Point the gun to the bottom of the printer ! Or Up .

The gun barrel axis needs to be the Z axis in most weapons like Human firearms ect
And Yes use support and rafting .
Its a PITA but makes for much better prints.
can you Screen cap the slicing setup window so I Can see you settings ?

Peter...
If you want to PM me the STL I can take a look at it and If you want add supports PRE slice . Often this can help !

Another thing I may add in here that may help. I use a Makerbot Replicator 2x for most of the prints I do which uses ABS plastic. The default temperature for the platform was 110 degrees Celsius. When a larger print was run with this temperature setting, the print started peeling off of the platform, which can curve edges undesirably. Raise the temperaature of your printer's platform if possible to help keep good prints. Annoying as it may be rafts and support materials will make your print much nicer, trust me.

Just split the model in half right down the z plane. Then you'll have two pieces with perfectly flat surfaces. Then all you'll need is some brim if your still having troubles warping away from the platform.

You will also find that it will print a ton better this way. Then all you have to do is glue them together. Use supper glue for that, it binds extremely well to abs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back