Halo 3 (MK VI) Armour, RVB Tucker Themed

Status
Not open for further replies.
(trying to keep regular posting)

so after some more looking...
65 lb. cardstock is better

and also i need some help...
for a average (17 average build) how much epoxy is needed?

just for the chest, I used 3 for the front, I suggest fiberglass, since it has more, way cheaper,harder, etc, but just wear a respirator, but again, Im a noob, so... do what you want ( just buy about 30 sticks of epoxy { I think they call them sticks} so yeah), and btw, if you are going to go with fiberglass, It is way more dangerous the epoxy, just saying. by front, I mean front part of the venator chestpiece

Correct 2 part normal epoxy and normal glass is way less of a health issue then Poly resin and catalist..

Once hardend The main danger with any fibergass is the glass dust you make when you sand is VERY bad...

Proper PPE is Key.

I know this isnt what you were going for.. but if you buy regulation standard equip. you can tint the visor (excluding heat required tinting beacuse that will weaken the eye guard which is one of the main uses of protective faceware.) and paint the rest of the face shield your desired theme with spraypaint, do not use acrylic paints due to chipping and partical danger... I know for a fact some air-soft specific stores have some helmets that are par-safety standard that look almost identical to the mk V Helmet from the game not sure if this helped at all but its one of the safe options you could go with.

(just so you know im only talking about the helmet, which has to certified safety protection and the durability of any of the components CAN NOT be tampered with physically or chemically in anyway shape or form. tampering can lead to harm to yourself and others)

PPE is Personal Protective Equipment....respirator, goggles/glasses, gloves, etc...

in doing my own research I found that if I went to youtube and searched for the respective Halo (1, 2, 3) cutscenes and just simply paused the video clips where it had good views/angles of the armor. From there just take a screen capture and viola...instant reference pic. If you want you can email me and I will send you all the reference pics I have of Halo 3 of the Mark VI.

As you plan what you want to wear under your armor keep in mind that the pieces will probably fit tighter than you think, so you may want something that is form fitting and isn't baggy. I intend to use some compression under armor for myself (as I am a bit husky now in my older age) in addition to constructing my own undersuit.

For snaps, all I will say is it's really up to you what you want to do. You are only limited by your own imagination. I've seen velcro used, snaps, magnets...anything is possible. It's up to you and it's up to what works for you. For many, doing an armor build is much like a personal signature. We all have our own quirks and processes that we enjoy doing. I've only built one suit so far and the list of "if only I'd known that before..." keeps growing. Take your time and search many of the threads around here, especially in the pepakura costume link on the home page and see what others have done. This site is to inspire and teach how to create our own armor...even though there's a market place for people to sell, this site is built to teach.

Good luck on your build.

Phil...

how would i get the scale of in-game S117?

i know in real life he is 7'0 in armour

I aplogize for double post

Man, it's your thread...so double, triple, quadruple post.

For scaling, well, that's a whole other bag of worms. As different files have different scales. (I apologize if you already know this) The best way to work with scaling is to use the measuring tool in designer. Go to the 2D menu and right click anywhere. Then a menu will pop up and at the bottom it says "measure distance between two points." Left click on that and you can now measure the distance in the 3D model window. Once you select two points it will give you the distance in millimeters, so all you need to do is bring up your computer's calculator and find the conversion tool that comes along with it and convert from millimeters to inches. You'll also want to measure on your body where you measure on the file locations. And you can use the reference pictures to see where it sits on the Chief to compare where you want it on you. Now in doing this, you'll get to a "calculated guess" as to the scale you'll want. As good as that method is it will get you in the ball park, but may not be the scale you'll end up with. From here you can roll the dice and build the piece and test fit before you get too far with the details. Some files will have tester files with minimal parts to find the right size.

Here is a link to one of the better "how to's" for scaling. HaloGoddess did a good job in detailing and showing what you should do for using the method I described above.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=31627&highlight=scale

If you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask. Even if I don't know the answer someone else will and should answer. One thing that they don't like seeing on this site is posting in a thread when the last post in it was over 3 months. They really lose the crackers over that, so if you are researching and see a build you liked and have a question about a technique the builder used, message them privately instead of posting in the old thread. I usually message someone directly just to hear it from them personally just because I prefer the interpersonal communication myself.

Also.. i have been looking at modding my nerf guns:

Nite Finder
Deploy CS-6
Stampeede ECS "Harvey"

I was going to mod the nite finder to look like the Magnum (halo 3/4).. The Deploy as a Halo 3 BR and the Stampeede as a Halo 4 Saw..

Any tips??

-Yort

alright... heres some photos... got a schematic out for the conversion to magnum... im having thoughts about making it EVA foam/foam

1012152122.jpg
1013151729.jpg
1013151729a.jpg
1013151729c.jpg

thanks... im changing my Stampede to a Halo Reach Ma5c... because i have a reack MK V figure, i saw his gun and it looks alot like my stampede...

also im de-constructing my Stampede

>:\ dang screwes

got the Stampede cracked open... and im debating about swiching to a 3d print instead of Pep...

Talking to Peterthethinker....

got the Stampede cracked open... and im debating about swiching to a 3d print instead of Pep...

Talking to Peterthethinker....

DEFINITELY go 3d print over pep...pep guns are NEVER as sturdy as a 3d print or a wood gun. Even foam can take more of a beating than pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back