Weedknight's Halo 4 MC Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,
i've just finished my second attempt at the shins.
Somehow the right one turned out slightly smaller than the left. No idea why, but it seems i'll have to cut open the shin to get my leg inside.
Enjoy the pictures and as always feel free to criticise.

dsc01554vps9h.jpg

dsc01555oas88.jpg

dsc015561es6x.jpg

Attachments

• dsc01554vps9h.jpg
    dsc01554vps9h.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 120
  • dsc01555oas88.jpg
    dsc01555oas88.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 134
  • dsc015561es6x.jpg
    dsc015561es6x.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 107
dsc01555oas88.jpg
in this pic of yours where it has the indent in the bottom to where it rises. hope that helps more then it will bend a little bit.

Thanks for the input, i'll try it out tomorrow. I think i know what you mean.
That "dent" is due to me pouring hotglue into the first and last bigger cuts on the inside of the piece. I thought i could contour the bends a bit more by making them stiff. I think that's the main problem here.
Will look into it tomorrow.

Are you using a heat gun? Those edge lines look really good.. Also, are you wearing it to a release or what? One more thing: I'm sure you know this but I really don't want to see such beautiful work go to waste, so you know you should plasti-dip before spray painting, right? ANyway, love this thread and can't wait to see where you take it

Hey guys,
sadly i haven't managed to continue on my build yet. University is interfering with my hobbies.
rainbow dash:
Thanks a lot. I take much inspiration from your MC build thread. ;)
The BorosBoss:
I use a heatgun on all foamparts before glueing them together.
Thanks for pointing out the plastidip. I wish that stuff wasn't so expensive here in europe. I was aware of the problems regarding foam and normal spraypaint but until now i haven't really thought about where to get plastidip and how much it'll cost.
Right now the build is on hold so a releaseparty wouldn't be possible for me. I'm looking forward to carnival and wearing it then.

I hope i can get back to building in the coming weeks.

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back