Pepekura Designer Error???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirRayn0r

Hey everyone! Im very close to starting my first build, im already 90% done with planning, but I realized the pep files once I unfold it are all jumbled like this:
mess.PNG

It could be the file, but I think it might be when I load it up it always comes up with "Flip" and "Merge" dialog boxes.
Flip.PNG Merge.PNG

Also, a color box (I assume determining the height, weight, and depth of the object.)
Color.PNG

If anyone could help, that would be great! Thanks!

That's not an error - Pepakura deals with every raw, unfolded file in the same way. The 'flip faces' dialogue determines whether your model will be 'inside out' or not - I'd recommend unfolding a file with the outside faces as white, rather than grey. The 'Merge Edges' dialogue assists you in dealing with any edges that haven't been merged, but should - which reduces the number of open edges you'll need to deal with. Finally, the coloured box helps you orient your file correctly - generally, you'll want the file set up more or less as you've shown it there, to assist in scaling.

We have unfolded versions of most files in our Archive, which should reduce the amount of work you need to put into them and enable you to simply re-size and print as you wish.

Thanks Chernobyl! That helps a lot, but I get all my files from the database (I think) and they still come out as a mess. I actually used your file for the Pilot Helmet.

Archive.PNG

Also, another problem: shouldn't these helmets be symmetrical?

Symmetry.PNG

I have never used Pepekura Designer 3, so sorry for all the questions DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back