Heavy Weapons Master ODST Armor. (Foam) WIP heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harri51

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S251
Hey all I am back once again and this time hitting the mats hard. I been scaling and cutting and making the ODST armor i been figuring on for a while. I am making a Heavy ODST. After my comic con this weekend I am ready to pump out my armor and make this bad boy done by October 27th!
IMG_0776[1].JPG
IMG_0782[1].JPG
IMG_0865[1].JPG

Awesome, can't wait to see the final product! I too am about to start making ODST armor (just gotta finish my brother's Reach build first), hoping to have it done in time for the Halo 5 release. Are you using Da Front Line Trooper's ODST templates or are you going another route?

I am using Hugh's file with some additions and modifications along the way......just hit a speed bump with attaching the front and back right now......

Update:

Well i have gotten quiet a bit done on the armor so far. I am waiting on my strapping and release clips from amazon (seriously thinking on prime now)

But enough blah blah blah, I got to do all the chest assets and then I can finish the chest piece for dip and paint. Then the two shoulders....mind you one is ODST and the other is Mickey's.

IMG_0872.JPG
IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking very nice! What do you plan to do for the helmet: Pep or foam?:)

I plan on foam. I did one in Pep and can't get it to scale right without needing to go to a bigger paper. Darn head is to big. but I wanna do the body because if i can not finish by halo 5 release night. I got a black military CAp that went with my ODST BDU's.

Fabrication of the Chest piece is FINISHED!!!! I am happy and extremely pumped that it is built and fits wonderfully.

The Chest piece
IMG_0890[1].JPG

IMG_0891[1].JPG

IMG_0894[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0888[1].JPG
    IMG_0888[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 428
Busy Busy Busy. So got the torso all done. ...and dipped. Finishing up the belt as well just got to cover my own rear. lol. Progress is great and I hope i make it by midnight release!!!

Hip Plates!
IMG_0916[1].JPG
The belt buckle
IMG_0920[1].JPG
the whole set so far
IMG_0917[1].JPG
WAIT!!! Harri finally dipped a finished foam chest piece. Miricales can happen!
IMG_0930[1].JPG

Update time!
So i been busy trying to get my apartment back together and get it clean again. But during this chaos, I made progress.

It may not be the most smoothest but hey first suit, lol
IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG

I got just to add damage and wear then these bad boys will be done. Also thanks to vshore, i am looking at elastic bands to have those shoulders not move.

Your build is looking really good dude. Your foam work is really clean. I love the detail on the torso.

Thanks man! i dont't feel as it is a clean as I want it, But this is my first foam build and that is what the mk 2 build will be. All new chest and just hoping to make it like some of the other amazing detailed foam builds.

So i finished both shoulders. But............I now have to redo my chest. the shoulder straps sit to high and I can not figure out how to fix it without doing some major hacking and the armor is already painted. So i am going to start making the templates for the new chest, but salvage all i can. Just makes me sad more then likely will not be ready but the 27th. oh well. I got cons next year lined up for it. like Dragon Con! and maybe my local con.

But pic update.
Mickey shoulder came out amazing. But the ODST shoulder was not fully dry on the glue and I popped it off. so i go to wait till 2mrw.....

Attachments

• IMG_0943[1].JPG
    IMG_0943[1].JPG
    1,000 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_0944[1].JPG
    IMG_0944[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 369
Dat Fanny pack!
IMG_0962.JPG
Front of the belt.
IMG_0963.JPG
MK2 dipped and ready to paint and add the chest piece
IMG_0988[1].JPG
Assembled and waiting for the clips and straps.
IMG_0990[1].JPG
Close up the some damage to the buckles.
IMG_0993[1].JPG

Now some posing in what is finished.
IMG_0994[1].JPG
IMG_0996[1].JPG
IMG_0998[1].JPG
IMG_0999[1].JPG

Way to bounce back! Build is looking good!

Thanks man! I got one template out tonight for the right gauntlet then got to cut out the left.then hopefully have them made by sunday and then thighs and the shins....coming down to the wire. but I am trying.

Update:

So been a while. But making some new armor pieces and fixing issues I have now. I been so busy since the holidays. But i am back. Doing what i can when and making lots of progress along the way. Pics to come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back