Halo 4 master chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.

broodyguitarguy

hey guys i have been working on my new master chief helmet for the halo 5 midnight release a and thought I would post my progress. So this is by far one of the most frustrating peps I have done yet this one has so much small details it is crazy.
20150817_135256.jpg day 3.....losing mind
20150819_024721.jpgday 5......going crazy hoping it will fit
20150820_135847.jpgday 7.......gaining confidence in the scale
I will update as time goes on...... I have big plans for this one

Thank you good sir. I am trying some techniques like slicing the lines for better folds and whatnot and I am fairly confident in the progress so far. After I am don't with mine though I have to start on my France's scout helmet

Thank you good sir. I am trying some techniques like slicing the lines for better folds and whatnot and I am fairly confident in the progress so far. After I am don't with mine though I have to start on my France's scout helmet
How come it's your france? Can't it be all our france?

Being a smartass aside I can't wait to see your scout helmet build. Which model will you use halo 3, reach, or 4?

Reactions: Nim
She chose the halo 3 version thank God lol cuz she is a noobie at this lol and sorry about any typos I am on my phone and sometimes it likes to say things I don't want it to lol. I plan on furthering my helmet collection with a hayabusa next when I'm done with h4 master chief helm

She chose the halo 3 version thank God lol cuz she is a noobie at this lol and sorry about any typos I am on my phone and sometimes it likes to say things I don't want it to lol. I plan on furthering my helmet collection with a hayabusa next when I'm done with h4 master chief helm

Personally I like the halo 3 variant for the scout more than the other games. Though I wish you luck with the hayabusa. That helmet is gonna take some work.

Update. I have gotten most of the helmets little detail done and am looking forward to some easier big panel pepping.
20150821_140020.jpg
20150820_135859.jpg
20150820_135852.jpg
Here is the comparison from my older helmet
20150821_135817.jpgit does look a bit bigger but if i recall it was difficult to get in and out of sometimes. Let me know how you think I'm doing and if i can do anything about the size if the need arises

Update. I figured out that the helmet was entirely too large for my head. Had to restart new helmet this time make sure measurements were exact. Also remembered my old setup for Pepping
20150823_123602.jpg
Upon completing the brim of this helmet I'm confident that it will fit.

- - - Updated - - -

The old helmet brim was at 243 millimeters when it should have been to 210 millimeters a rookie mistake on my part... Feel dumb

Update. I figured out that the helmet was entirely too large for my head. Had to restart new helmet this time make sure measurements were exact. Also remembered my old setup for Pepping
View attachment 16761
Upon completing the brim of this helmet I'm confident that it will fit.

- - - Updated - - -

The old helmet brim was at 243 millimeters when it should have been to 210 millimeters a rookie mistake on my part... Feel dumb
Each mistake is a chance to make a future build better. In this case....making it fit better.

I agree I am doing much nbetter on this build

You are, definitely. If I may make some further critique:

Build from the top/crown of the helmet, and work your way down. It's far easier to finish up at the neck/collar area than it is trying to wriggle your hands around inside and seal a tab at the top of the helmet when you have absolutely no idea where you're pointing your glue stick and holding your fingers. The ideal workflow, as I've found from experience, tends to be for you to either:

- begin at the top, and then move to the back of the helmet, past the ears, to the visor, and then back around to the nape of the collar
OR
- begin at the top, then move to the front of the helmet, around past the ears to the back, then down and back around to finish up at the jaw and chin area

It's all about making the build process as clean and as efficient as you possibly, possibly can. You'll learn your own methods in time, but I'd advise trying to work with your build finishing at the bottom, rather than the top. I'd also advise taking up Master Builder's offer of his files - they're ridiculously good. You can find his helmet at the following link:

-> CLICKY! <-

Good luck, as always, and keep us updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update. Got to work on my second helmet today and we made progress on my fiance's scout helm too20150823_234842.jpgwas able to get a lot done having done all of this before lol.....I'd say this is about 5-6 total hours on mine
20150823_205641.jpgfor being a beginner she is doing alright for her first built but have been having to bounce back and forth between the two helping her occasionally

Update. Got to work on my second helmet today and we made progress on my fiance's scout helm too

I still hate that file. It's one of the first I attempted, it could use some refinement.

Also, try to avoid missing patches and coming back to them - as I said above, work through your builds in a flow. Leaving patches unfinished and coming back to them will cause problems later.

I still hate that file. It's one of the first I attempted, it could use some refinement.

Also, try to avoid missing patches and coming back to them - as I said above, work through your builds in a flow. Leaving patches unfinished and coming back to them will cause problems later.

What do you mean by refinement

my under suit is actually bigger than I am lol. but you can do it! just takes a but of practice and a lot of measurements

Update. Making good progress on new helmet pep about half way there a lot of time spent on the jawline. I plan on adding in some finer details like the four rivets on the front of the chin as well as a few other things. Really excited.... anyone have hints for altering a pep file in progress?
20150826_133730.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back