Halo 4 master chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update. Making good progress on new helmet pep about half way there a lot of time spent on the jawline. I plan on adding in some finer details like the four rivets on the front of the chin as well as a few other things. Really excited.... anyone have hints for altering a pep file in progress?
View attachment 16981
Aside from the rivets what sort of alterations did you have in mind? Also would it not be easier to do them at the bondo stage?

Aside from the rivets what sort of alterations did you have in mind? Also would it not be easier to do them at the bondo stage?

Well there are a few details on the top of the helm thacould be done and the rivets are the main thing and idk about doing it in the Bondo stage I would rather do it while the paper is easily repaired rather than having to rework bondo

Well there are a few details on the top of the helm thacould be done and the rivets are the main thing and idk about doing it in the Bondo stage I would rather do it while the paper is easily repaired rather than having to rework bondo
It might come down to a personal preference at that point. I personally like working with the solid surface and being able to add what I need. (I'm not too crafty with paper.)

Made a lot of progress on the helmet today befor I head off to work
20150827_133107.jpgeverything below the brim of the helm Is a real pain with all the little details but I like how it is turning out

Attachments

• 20150827_133115.jpg
    20150827_133115.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 121
What do you mean by refinement

Sorry it took me this long to get back to you.

The helmet file you're working on isn't what I'd call 'game accurate' and wasn't modelled with easy construction in mind. I've often considered going back and modelling a fresh version from the game assets, and perhaps I shall at some point down the road. Plus, the Halo 3 Scout helmet has the misfortune of being poorly designed overall - in the same vein as the Halo 3 Rogue helmet, wearing the Scout helmet properly would mean the user's jaw would protrude significantly from the neck opening.

Food for thought, but don't let me discourage you from working on the helmet nonetheless!

The helmet file you're working on isn't what I'd call 'game accurate' and wasn't modelled with easy construction in mind. I've often considered going back and modelling a fresh version from the game assets, and perhaps I shall at some point down the road. Plus, the Halo 3 Scout helmet has the misfortune of being poorly designed overall - in the same vein as the Halo 3 Rogue helmet, wearing the Scout helmet properly would mean the user's jaw would protrude significantly from the neck opening.

Food for thought, but don't let me discourage you from working on the helmet nonetheless!

Which is a shame too. I really like the scout helmet. Its the only helmet that I have yet to make on my top 3.

Well I guess the only way to have a game accurate helmet would be to rip the object from the game and use that but as far as I know I don't think anyone has done that

Also almost every helm I have seen has some accurate point and is missing some I just took the one I thought had the most accurate points and added some. It didn't come down to easiest to assemble it came down to most accurate in my eyes

Attachments

• Helmet-31.jpg
    Helmet-31.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 20150829_223759.jpg
    20150829_223759.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 99
It's fine if the paper shows through, as long as your happy with the shape. I even sanded through my paper to the resin in some places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back