Halo Marine helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! That's a greatv inspiration. I'm an electronics freak and have been waiting to see when someone would make an HUD/eyepiece. Definately one to try out!
Kal

Thanks! .
The HUD is in Beta to version 2.0 as funds are freed up.
That mini cam ate some of that but was needed....

With a proper HUD at a con or event you could totally do a mesh network and have other Spartans ect show up as a marker. red and green IFF style

So imagine a dead low rez 128*128 display. talking 90s color Nokia phone screen here.

Along the lines of this perhaps. https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10168
You could use the APRS protocol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Packet_Reporting_System

I use APRS as a ham Op to track rockets or other things. the APRS can be used on allmost any mode of data. Ham bands are not ideal but TCP/ IP and a phone Or a mesh net on license free bands would do well.

Then have a picaxe or ardiuino churn the data in to wayponts.

a little math magic to define your direction vs True north . then there directon to true north . distance is more of a challange but a Serial GPS module outside would work compare lat and long you to lat and long them...... Run a rectanular to polar number convrsion and Volla ! you have a direction and a distance .

you can also program in fixed non radio lats and longs...... LIke where you parked the car! Umm Puma. Ummm Warthog..
It's a display so power of the suit is easy as pie . a A to D on the batt. some math to define a charge curve and you have suit run time.
My problem is the display...... a normal easy to get LCD expects to be used in a non mirroed mode....... Heck I would have just bought a android smart watch to hack!. but I need a way to in Hardware flip everything .

OR periscope the pipe!!!!

Oh I should try that . It wil take more optical alignment but is a Ton better........
hmm

something to CAD tomarrow !

OPPS ! wrong thread !

Ok THIS goes here.

24944068634_169601134c_z.jpg
25278951600_7465aa27d7_z.jpg
25574571425_39b7bb8e62_b.jpg

Attachments

• 25547305976_d36d13d09a_b.jpg
    25547305976_d36d13d09a_b.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 146
Status