My first Suit. Agent Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimCitizen4

Jr Member
Hello Everybody :) I am a new member here. I live in Alaska, which makes it kinda hard to cosplay because of a lack of events and such. About a year ago I started working on an Agent Maine suit however I never posted anything on the forums or even signed up to the forums because I wasn't sure if I would ever finish it. However, I am almost done and decided that I might as well make a post and share what ive done. I made my suit out of foam. I printed out medium detail pepakura pattern, cut them out and traced them onto foam. I glued it together with Hot glue. For help and information I used these forums (even though I didn't have an account) and a few YouTube channels, namely: Bill Doran, Evil Ted Smith, and Spacemeat. All of those channels provide excellent info on foam crafting and helped me out a lot. Here is the suit, its almost done. I have one boot to make. The codpiece and other boot just need to be plastidipped and then painted. :) Thanks for reading!

Great to see you on the forums, Spartan!

As a note, though - it's highly recommended that if you're posting a thread about your work, you'll need to add some pictures of your progress to go with them. I look forward to seeing them soon!

DSCN0486.JPGDSCN0482.JPGDSCN0468.JPGDSCN0471.JPGDSCN0473.JPGView attachment 16769DSCN0483.JPGDSCN0484.JPGDSCN0485.JPGDSCN0479.JPG

By Meta voice I assume you mean the predator like noise that he makes. I can do that very well. :) Havent started the bruteshot yet. I am going to try and finish this in time for Halo 5 launch.

By Meta voice I assume you mean the predator like noise that he makes. I can do that very well. :) Havent started the bruteshot yet. I am going to try and finish this in time for Halo 5 launch.
I hope you can make it. That launch is right around the corner.

Looking good, Spartan! I'm impressed!

Do you have any plans for the torso? As I recall, Maine used the Mk VI Scout permutation - we have those files somewhere, if you want to make your build follow the character more closely. Also, I'd be very interested to know what your plans for the visor are.

Looking good, Spartan! I'm impressed!

Do you have any plans for the torso? As I recall, Maine used the Mk VI Scout permutation - we have those files somewhere, if you want to make your build follow the character more closely. Also, I'd be very interested to know what your plans for the visor are.

Thanks Man! :) Truth be told I forgot about the Permutation. LOL Thanks for the reminder bro. For the visor I'm thinking about Vacuforming the pepakura visor that I built.

Real quick Question about the helmet. Should I mold and cast the helmet or just use it without casting it ( paper fiberglass bondo)?

Thanks Man! :) Truth be told I forgot about the Permutation. LOL Thanks for the reminder bro. For the visor I'm thinking about Vacuforming the pepakura visor that I built.

You're welcome. And, that seems to be about right - shouldn't be too difficult if you do it correctly and use a decent-quality airbrush to apply the gold coat.

Real quick Question about the helmet. Should I mold and cast the helmet or just use it without casting it ( paper fiberglass bondo)?

Whichever works best for you, honestly. I'd encourage taking casts of the helmet if you plan to produce copies to sell, but otherwise, the cost of setting up a mould and the overall benefits of creating cast copies doesn't really justify it for one single copy. Your base product should suffice well enough.

Hey Thanks everybody for your help encouragement! :) Been working on the boots which are almost completely built, and the handplates. Also found the files for the permutation. Ill post pics when the boots are done ( probably this weekend) I usually work outside in a portable garage. However, the temperature has been about 45-50 degrees a day, which is way to cold for paint and stuff to dry well. So I'm going to have to go to a workshop that's like half an hour away from me in order to finish up the boots and handplates. Working on the helmet as well. I painted it with a grey primer which really brings out the imperfections and will let me work on those more closely. Hope to have that finished by this weekend too (except for Vacuforming the visor)

awesome! it sucks that you have to drive that far but all the time and money spent will be worth it in the end! My first build felt like it was taking forever and I almost gave up a couple of time but one of my friends helped me out and really got me motivated again and I was really proud of the finished suit even with all the imperfections that I found later lol but still worth it

So I finished one boot. Almost done with the Codpiece, helmet, and other boot. Have not started on the permutation yet ( out of foam) I purchased a spandex suit for like 30 bucks off of amazon. It fits great. I also ordered snaps and strapping and buckles in order to secure the armor to the suit. The helmet just needs a little more sanding in a few areas and then it will be done. I still have not ordered the plastic for Vacuforming and I have not built the vacuform machine. Still a lot to do, may not get the bruteshot done in time. Well see.

Your build looks awesome so far. I can't wait to see what the finished suit will look like! Keep up the good work!

Wow so its been a while since I posted an update. I been pretty busy with school and stuff. But here it is. The suit is done except for the boots and helmet. I have to get some shoes to wear underneath the foam boots. I have not been able to order the plastic to vacuform my visor yet. You would not believe how much it sucks to try and order things when you live in Alaska. They want to charge me forty bucks for shipping on the plastic. Just some plastic sheets, nothing massive. Forty Fricking Dollars! It would only cost me seventeen bucks to ship the same product to like Colorado. Anyway here are some pics. The thighs are a little low, I need to raise them by like two or three inches. I think the calves need to come up a little bit as well.
DSCN0505.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like such an idiot. I always find a way to mess up posting photos somehow. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0506.JPG
    DSCN0506.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 215
  • DSCN0504.JPG
    DSCN0504.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back