Emile - Halo Reach foam build for PAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benedict Choy - DSC07710.JPG

Have I mentioned the 405th are an amazing bunch of people? I've met some life long friends through this group and have had an absolute blast attending conventions, events and even just stopping in to say hi when we're in each other's neck of the woods. It's one of the greatest things that has come from my decision to start making costumes

Your Emile Build is amazing!!! awesome job! Been wanting to do this build for some time now, any chance you can point me in the direction of the files you used? I'm going the same route and using foam so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Your Emile Build is amazing!!! awesome job! Been wanting to do this build for some time now, any chance you can point me in the direction of the files you used? I'm going the same route and using foam so any info would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for the late response on this - i actually found all the files on the 405th database and for lack of a better way to put it - winged it as far as using pepakura templates as foam templates!

No problem Bro, I'm doing the same right now man haha just wanted to get your input cause yours looks so friggin awesome. Making the Pep into foam templates is quite a hassle but by the looks of yours the hassle is worth it.

No problem Bro, I'm doing the same right now man haha just wanted to get your input cause yours looks so friggin awesome. Making the Pep into foam templates is quite a hassle but by the looks of yours the hassle is worth it.

the hardest part i would say is knowing where to kind of take 'liberties'. i.e. if there are a bunch of little pieces, combining them into one big pieces of foam. sometimes you might lose the exactly curvature you would get with a regular pep model but you find a way to make it work.

it'll sound pretty cliche, but doing a little bit at a time and taking your time on things really does wonders. i got impatient sometimes and started cutting faster and hurrying stuff up, and you could tell pretty easily in the quality when i did that. i eventually ended up redoing some pieces because they were rushed/awful. a belt sander was my best friend in this project, helping make joining parts look more seamless and helping get the shapes i want in the foam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back