How We Treat One Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
In the recent weeks, Division Staff have had to sort out a few situations that resulted in warnings to members. What each situation basically boils down to is how we treat one another and what is and isn't acceptable.

Anyone who has been part of an online community, regardless of the subject matter, knows all about how easy it is to be rude, cruel or downright inappropriate to other members because we are all on the other side of the keyboard. We need to remember that there is a human on the other end of that keyboard. And not only that, someone with some of the same interests as we have. I suspect that more often than not, things said online would NEVER be said in person.

I'm asking that everyone take a moment and check yourself before you wreck yourself.... ;-) I'm bringing a little light to the situation, however, the sentiment stands. Members are not here to be spoken rudely to, no matter what kind of horrible day you've had. Unwanted attention of a sexual nature or otherwise to any of our female members will not be tolerated. Even if you firmly believe that the person was rude first, it is not acceptable to return the favour. Please report it to Division and, if necessary, your Regimental staff and walk away from the conversation. There is a report button on every post. That comes to us at Division and we look at every one of them. Some folks are reeeeaaaalllllly good at baiting but never cross a line. Don't allow them to push you to a point where YOU cross a line.

Keep in mind as well that some people are better at communicating via the written word than others. If you feel that someone is being rude, ask someone else about their opinion of the situation before you respond. Sometimes it's the way it sounds in our own heads and not at all the intention of the writer. Having said that, as the writer, we need to be aware that we can control what we write, but not how others interpret it, so please keep that in mind when you post, especially when posting something that you think is funny, but others may not.

It is important that all members of this community work together to make this a comfortable place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back