First Build ODST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say I learned a good amount of that with the recon helmet. However the milliput sounds useful there are a few very minor spots that would need it. However my recon helmet I've been using bondo to scuplt it. So probably would swith up to milliput.

I would say I learned a good amount of that with the recon helmet. However the milliput sounds useful there are a few very minor spots that would need it. However my recon helmet I've been using bondo to scuplt it. So probably would swith up to milliput.

Milliput is great. When you work with it, using a bit of water when your sculpting and sculpting helps make it easier to work with, and easier to smoothing in my experience. Not too much, just a drop or two. Let me know how it works out.

I used it on the ear part, where this is a large circular part around the ear bit. It was pretty uneven and not a nice rounded curve. I used it to round it out more. It still not perfect. But its closer. still have a lot to do on it, but if you have any tips for me, I'd be happy to hear them!

Picked up the 45 degree board cutter from exacto. Not the easiest tool to work with. Was trying to the the elbow cover part of the gauntlet. Did not go well. Any tips on that bit? its a bit of a pain to get right

Here are pics of Gauntlets 2.0

Here is the basic design I went with, with some detailing.
IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

And Now with the elbow pad and more details.
IMG_1224.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

And detailed with the dremel for battle damage and wear and tear from years of kicking ass.
IMG_1228.jpg
IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1235.jpg

I sprayed with Plastidip and will move on to shoulders next.

I picked up the Magnum that is put out by BoomCo for my costume and made some modifications to it. Check it out.

Here is the original gun. Sorry its a product shot, I jumped right into my modifications.

Magnum-original.jpg

And here it is, after taking it apart and giving it a nice paint job.

IMG_1339.jpg

I wanted to add a silencer so I whipped one up with some PVC pipes and a Pen, turned out pretty nice I think. I don't like the silencer out of the game, it looks more like the gun from Robocop than it does a gun with a silencer. I like how it turned out.

IMG_1340.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back