How does one bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K04

Me and a friend are looking to start building suits in time for next years RTX and were planning on starting now. We have a lot of it worked out and are nearly ready to start building. The one thing we are worried about and nobody seems to talk about is how does one bathroom. I mean taking 90% of the suit off every time seems inefficient so what is a good workaround?

Well it really "depends"....

Ahh my sad attempt at humor lol.

Personally, my codpiece will be quick to release (one magnet and one buckle), and my undersuit will have a velcro flap similar to a fly on a pair of jeans for easy access. Unfortunately this wouldn't quite work for the ladies in our community, but this is my suit design to be functional in that relevance.

Me and a friend are looking to start building suits in time for next years RTX and were planning on starting now. We have a lot of it worked out and are nearly ready to start building. The one thing we are worried about and nobody seems to talk about is how does one bathroom. I mean taking 90% of the suit off every time seems inefficient so what is a good workaround?

Aww man good thing you ask youself (and the 405th community) before you finished your build because hindsight bites on this subject.

Short answer is removable cod piece and/or a buddy to watch over your stuff. Some builds (like odst's) can have back packs if flying solo is your thing.

When I go to cons, i just have a buddy watch over my stuff and we rotate, as to not bring all are gear with us to the restroom. Heck at acen, saturday was so hot, we just took off our cosplays in one of 2 areas that had good working ac (and proceeded to sarcastically whistle at each other) and rotate while we rehydrated.

This is one of the big reasons I went to a 2 piece undersuit.
Now I can easily slide down my cod piece and pull my pants down.

This is one of the big reasons I went to a 2 piece undersuit.
Now I can easily slide down my cod piece and pull my pants down.

same here ...

drink a ton of water ( hopefully ) at a convention .
stuck in a suit for a entire day.. these things dont blend well.

Mostly... I sweat out any fluids before I end up having to restroom. Other than that, schedule breaks for yourself to hydrate and use the rest room. Have an escape plan if needed.
In my foam suit, I had a zipper for that area and could go without too much trouble. If you have to leave your costume, try to either have a buddy or leave it at the con's green room. There, the con has staff to assist you and watch your stuff.

Avoid greasy/oil laden foods before you suit up. Trust me, nothing is worse than having to do the potty dance AND try to get out of costume enough to go.

I have a full fiberglass suit, and I took off everything except for the chest piece and shoulders. I had my helper watch my stuff for me while I went. As a lady, I can't quite get away with what some of you fellas can :$

My undersuit is a shirt and pants, so it was easy from there.

As others have said, a 2-piece undersuit is key for when nature calls. Quick release cod piece and easily removable thigh armor will be an immense help in such circumstances.

Best of luck!

I had to think out a way to do business with my suit and the cod piece is easily removable. Unfortunately, I have to remove a good amount of the armor before doing so even if it is a multi-part fiberglass suit...for the messier one. I have to improve on my design for a just-in-case moment... Good luck.

This is a question that scientist have been pondering for years........

I think since everyone's armor is different, you're going to get a lot of different answers. I for one have to take off only my torso but i think majority of folks have to take off their entire armor.

Ah, someone with the same questions as my past self
Here's my solution for that... My undersuit is a full spandex suit (not the best choice for a heavy guy... Found out the hard way...) comes with bits and pieces of padding to simulate the under armor pieces, so on the codpiece, I specified to leave a bit of the piece not attached to the rest of the bodysuit
That piece is kept in place with velcro and it hides a hole, wich is also kept closed with velcro, but a zipper could be used there as well
... For some odd reason i can't upload pictures with tapatalk...
Anyway, i hope this helps, good luck with your armor!

Yeah, that could be difficult. What I would do is make your under suit two pieces, and put clips on the inside of your cod and thighs. I remember LilTyrant did that on her's and said it worked great :)

2 piece under suit. Without getting into too much detail I have enough give in my cod to move it and pull down the pants. Just don't eat a high fiber meal that day... That is not happening in my case. My shoulders are attached to suspenders, attached to my belt/cod, attached to my thighs, sitting under my chest... not gunna happen.

As I am in the planning stages of my kit, this information is absolutely invaluable. Thanks guys, lol.

Ah, someone with the same questions as my past self
Here's my solution for that... My undersuit is a full spandex suit (not the best choice for a heavy guy... Found out the hard way...) comes with bits and pieces of padding to simulate the under armor pieces, so on the codpiece, I specified to leave a bit of the piece not attached to the rest of the bodysuit
That piece is kept in place with velcro and it hides a hole, wich is also kept closed with velcro, but a zipper could be used there as well
... For some odd reason i can't upload pictures with tapatalk...
Anyway, i hope this helps, good luck with your armor!

What do you use now? I'm a big guy and was just curious what you use to "hide those curves."

What do you use now? I'm a big guy and was just curious what you use to "hide those curves."

I'm using the same suit, since i don't have a lot of money to buy another option
But here's a tip, if you're planning to use some sort padding for the undersuit, use the thinnest possible, because the padding adds some extra volume that does end up making a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back