I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakebone

Hello my name is Anthony and I would like to get some help building my ODST costume. I'm new to this so I'm not sure on what to do. If anyone can help me please respond I want to have my costume done by this Halloween. Also I would like to join on some meet up's if there is any. Thanks in advance!

Hey Anthony! Welcome to the forums.

First off, I would suggest reading through as many build threads as you can on the forum. There are many methods and personal techniques that people use to make their armor, so it helps to pick up on their tricks and tips. Remember that pretty much any question you have has probably been answered already for someone else, so don't be afraid to use the search function!

As for your halloween deadline, that might be a little ambitious. If anything though, you could probably make your helmet in that time!

Good luck with your build!

My first suit I completed in a month. But... I was working on it for at least 8 hours a day (some days much less... Fiberglass takes forever to dry..).

I searched the forums and looked at others builds. There are so many fantastic builds here, your resources are endless! Find and bookmark your favorite builds (and bookmark the specific posts! Its so annoying to go back and try and find that one thread you found where someone had a great method for a helmet and you want to see that one picture again)

I used several folks build threads, just going through each one and looking at each post, see what methods others did, finding shortcuts, finding "easy for me" methods on how to do different things. I would go to the Hall of Honor thread and see what people have made, then see if they had a build thread and go from there.

Another thing I did, since this was my first suit, and its a very big project.. I did the Normal definition pieces first. I like the look, its iconic, and it wasn't too hard to do each piece. Great practice if you're new to all of this.

I'm currently working on updating my suit and different pieces, and working on more detailed models with pepakura is not an easy task (and very time consuming!) I'm very glad I did the normal def suit first, I think I would have gotten frustrated and given up if I just jumped right into the High Def pieces (oh, how many times I had to resize different pieces... NOT FUN with high def pieces!)

A big tip I can give you, take it one step at a time. Taking on one of these projects can get a bit overwhelming at times! Just take one step at a time and you'll no doubt complete it!

Welcome to the party Anthony! I definitely recommend following Phil's suggestion & do your research, about every other build here is an ODST build & there are alot of references acvailable. I will also suggest looking up dafrontlinetrooper (all one word) on youtube, his tutorials & templates are among the top ones used.

Good luck, we look forward to seeing progress from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back