EVA Foam or any foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3ath

I don't know if its where i live or what. I can't find any foam that will be suitable for my halo armor build.
ive searched walmart, home depot, lowes, all craft stores, and everywhere else and all i could find was foam that was either super flimsy or rough plastic mats.
if anyone has ordered the foam online or anything of that nature, please send me a link or something because i just spent 3 hours looking everywhere in town.
it would be greatly appreciated
thanks guys.

At home depot/Lowe's, you are looking for foam floor mats with puzzle shaped edges. The craft foam you buy at craft stores can be flimsy (for the 2mm thin stuff, a little stiffer for the 5mm), but it is great for detailing

I don't know if its where i live or what. I can't find any foam that will be suitable for my halo armor build.
ive searched walmart, home depot, lowes, all craft stores, and everywhere else and all i could find was foam that was either super flimsy or rough plastic mats.
if anyone has ordered the foam online or anything of that nature, please send me a link or something because i just spent 3 hours looking everywhere in town.
it would be greatly appreciated
thanks guys.

Found mine at walmart in the section with the sports stuff, it a floor mat for a treadmill or something similar. comes in a pack of 6. one side is diamond plate the other is smooth.

At home depot/Lowe's, you are looking for foam floor mats with puzzle shaped edges. The craft foam you buy at craft stores can be flimsy (for the 2mm thin stuff, a little stiffer for the 5mm), but it is great for detailing
lowes didnt have it but home depot had something similar but they were like mats that had wood designing on them or it was a super hard plastic, i was so close to just losing my mind

They definitely carry these mats, you might just have to ask or look around. Wal mart carries them as well.

Foam Factory, Foambymail.com, foammart.com
IIRC foammart ships out of California, and Foambymail ships out of New Jersey. Also not all cosplay foam has to be "EVA" foam. I've heard of many people including myself using foams like cross linked polyethylene and L200.
Q: Why not harbor freight?
A: Per unit area, these sites are typically cheaper, offer larger selection for thickness, and weigh less, meaning that your costume weighs less (and is easier to wear)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back