Halo MKVI helmet (from my design project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaminusPrime

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
so for a recently finished design project I built a MKVI helmet with a bunch of electronic components including a blue-tooth receiver, an old turtle beach headset, fan and lights as well as a power pack to run it all for about 35 hours fully charged.

Credit to Rhinoc for the helmet model: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41445

I think it turned out pretty awesome for my first finished helmet, I still need to paint or get a gold visor and add a bit more foam here and there, maybe even touch up the paint.
I've been working on this project since late January/early February and finished it middle of august.

l8Oei1X.jpg

kXyq59d.jpg

DGncDzV.jpg

Q7IImty.jpg

0lREsWQ.jpg

exzP2pU.jpg

SPXtcw8.jpg

Ill add more pictures and details of how I finished this later :)

Attachments

• l8Oei1X.jpg
    l8Oei1X.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 233
  • kXyq59d.jpg
    kXyq59d.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 232
  • DGncDzV.jpg
    DGncDzV.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 244
  • exzP2pU.jpg
    exzP2pU.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 0lREsWQ.jpg
    0lREsWQ.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Q7IImty.jpg
    Q7IImty.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 230
  • SPXtcw8.jpg
    SPXtcw8.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 236
Just a post to show some of the process that went into making this helmet

some of the electronics
8GvGOyA.jpg

wnyLOiJ.jpg

the LED's were attached to a small reflector and stuck behind a piece of perspex cut into place. to paint it I used a 5c coin (AUD) to measure out a sticker so i could paint over the area and not cover the light

the headset was fibreglassed into place. the headphones can adjust to fit more comfortably (can was just just to help keep it in place)
xa8G95r.jpg

the fan was mounted using two pieces of wood and hot glue. it can also be unscrewed and flipped around if you really wanted to.
ovanjNc.jpg

Yn8TiY9.jpg

here is a photo with the power supply and Bluetooth both running after they were installed and the helmet was painted (these two pieces are also removable and are on a plastic Velcro strip)
DGncDzV.jpg

the visor was an old motorcycle visor which i was going to paint until some of the paint i had turned out to be bad and due to this being so close to the due date i had to skip it. the way i did the visor allows for it to be unscrewed and removed or replaced so ill be painting or replacing it later. it also was moulded into place using filler and there was enough room to drill into the filler to secure it in place
NXRZj2R.jpg

tEG774C.jpg

To paint it I used Rustolem in satin black, grey and green as well as a clear coat. first I did a black undercoat and then moved on to do a grey basic detail and then mostly green. I came back later to detail all the areas that i was painting grey and fix up any other spots by brushing on paint (unfortunately I missed a spot in the front at the top which ill fix later :/ ) after that it was a clear coat and later a dry brush for a worn detail
5iAplUC.jpg

qPKaz5D.jpg

QLu6dEb.jpg

3RqbkGn.jpg

qFfuzBM.jpg

V3s8X6u.jpg

R27SCRj.jpg

the vents were made using a piece of speaker mesh that i picked up for $5. it was cut and folded to fit then hot glued to fix it in place
aLlXLLt.jpg

any questions feel free to ask :)

Attachments

• wnyLOiJ.jpg
    wnyLOiJ.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 8GvGOyA.jpg
    8GvGOyA.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Yn8TiY9.jpg
    Yn8TiY9.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 234
  • ovanjNc.jpg
    ovanjNc.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 233
  • xa8G95r.jpg
    xa8G95r.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 224
  • qPKaz5D.jpg
    qPKaz5D.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 5iAplUC.jpg
    5iAplUC.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 229
  • tEG774C.jpg
    tEG774C.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 240
  • NXRZj2R.jpg
    NXRZj2R.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 213
  • DGncDzV.jpg
    DGncDzV.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 224
  • V3s8X6u.jpg
    V3s8X6u.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 225
  • qFfuzBM.jpg
    qFfuzBM.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 3RqbkGn.jpg
    3RqbkGn.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 230
  • QLu6dEb.jpg
    QLu6dEb.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 230
  • R27SCRj.jpg
    R27SCRj.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 219
  • aLlXLLt.jpg
    aLlXLLt.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 241
Looks amazing! Its cool how you used the headsets with the helmet! What does the blue-tooth receiver do?

Looks amazing! Its cool how you used the headsets with the helmet! What does the blue-tooth receiver do?

The bluetooth receiver can connect to my phone or pretty much any other device and play music through the headphones :)
Also the amplifier on the headset allows for a cable to be pluged in between the headset and controller so you could play xbox and still hear the game audio through the headset

The bluetooth receiver can connect to my phone or pretty much any other device and play music through the headphones :)
Also the amplifier on the headset allows for a cable to be pluged in between the headset and controller so you could play xbox and still hear the game audio through the headset

Awesome! Bluetooth is beyond me even though i'm 17 lol. Seems like you'll have a great gaming setup. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back