Upgrading my model

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullmetal56

Jr Member
Anyone wanna help the community out and upgrade my low-res model of Spartan locke's helmet and make it high-res and/or suitable for 3D printing? Just throwing it out there. If so, the model in in the archive.

Allow me to clarify a little. I have zero 3D modeling skills, nor do I have the time to learn with a job and family to take care of, (meaning my wife gets pissed at me when I try cause it takes up all my time). So, in light of this, I paid a guy on deviant art to model the helmet currently in the archive. But, I asked him to keep it low res so it would be easier to unfold in pepakura, (and of course the model apparently has a couple geometry issues which makes it difficult to unfold anyways). Now I don't have the money to pay anyone to get a high res version. So since I did in fact pay for the model and gave it to the world for free, I'm asking for help to get the helmet into a high res version that's good for 3D printing and what ever else anyone would want to use it for. This is my dream for this helmet, and had I still had the money to do it, I would pay the same guy to finish what I had him start. A couple of people have said or asked to make a high res version with the condition that they'd post it here in the archive for everyone to have, but sadly this never happened. So that's why I've made this thread. To ask for help from anyone and everyone who has the experience needed to do this project. Please, help me, help the community. Help me make this dream of mine a reality.

And actually the armor itself would be awesome too but I hesitate to ask for something that would take forever like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back