Modeling Halo 5: Guardians M6H2 Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingRahl

First off, a shout out goes to Mflanny34. Your work inspired me to try my own. I'm sure my modeling might not be as detailed. And my renders won't have the realistic look to them.

Here's what I have so far...
Test_zpsm2revciz.jpg

Attachments

• Test_zpsm2revciz.jpg
    Test_zpsm2revciz.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 651
Looking good so far!

Thank you.

Not much to update on. I added a few subdivision modifiers.

I'm limited with the clarity of photos taken from screen captures and angles. If anyone can point me to a high res video of someone getting close ups of the Magnum during the beta, that would be great. I've watched so many videos of gameplay, it's getting a little frustrating that I can't play the game right now and get my own screen grabs.

Test1_zpszlg4folz.png

Attachments

• Test1_zpszlg4folz.png
    Test1_zpszlg4folz.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 477
Impressive... Most impressive !! :D You do a very good work !

Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement.

This is about as much as I'm going to get done tonight. My eyes are getting tired of trying to figure out the correct angles.
Test3_zpsjddvu3mi.jpg

Attachments

• Test3_zpsjddvu3mi.jpg
    Test3_zpsjddvu3mi.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 454
I haven't been having much time to work on modeling this week. Here is the latest render. I've remodeled the laser sight, added the subdivision modifier to several things and changed the color of some parts. I'm so close to being done, I can taste it.

Test4_zpseruvfruo.jpg

Attachments

• Test4_zpseruvfruo.jpg
    Test4_zpseruvfruo.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 648
For anyone interested in 3D printing this. You can now download it at MyMiniFactory.com. If you like the model please feel free to leave me a tip. If you plan to use the model to make casts to sell, don't be a &^%!@ and leave a huge tip.

The model is in two pieces. The magnum and it's magazine. I believe the file is to scale. The pictures provided were not mine. I believe that individual scaled it down to fit on their printer.

I'm working on making everything "working". Moveable parts and such. I don't know if I want to use rubber bands or a spring for the slide. What do you prefer?

this is really awesome, any updates ??

-Mike

I'm currently trying to make all the parts separate and easy to assemble after 3d printed. I've left the screws off the current file for this reason.
I want to make the laser sight and slide functional. Along with making the magazine lock into place. I'm not too interested in making the ammunition. But I may add one round to the top of the mag for appearance.

I don't have the game yet, so I can't be sure how accurate it is.

well if you opt to leave the magazine hollow, I'll send you some real steel inert/non-functioning can't be made to function .45 rounds, that for appearance sake will look spot on !!! I can't wait for tax return season to get me a 3D printer !!!

Downloaded and tipped, awesome work!

Thank you very much for your support.

well if you opt to leave the magazine hollow, I'll send you some real steel inert/non-functioning can't be made to function .45 rounds, that for appearance sake will look spot on !!! I can't wait for tax return season to get me a 3D printer !!!

If I do decide to include one with a round imbedded in the top, I'll also be leaving the original blank.
Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't need it. That would be very nice to see them displayed in a case with a painted magnum though.

Hey Rahl, don't suppose you'd be willing to upload a copy that hasn't had the subsurf divisions applied? I'd love to take a crack without having to remesh.

Hey Rahl, don't suppose you'd be willing to upload a copy that hasn't had the subsurf divisions applied? I'd love to take a crack without having to remesh.

Not yet. I'm holding tight onto this file for the time being. The biggest problem that it has is, I ran the file through Netfabb.com's cloud service. The final mesh didn't come out too smooth using it. After I release the multiple part files, I won't have ran them through any compressing software. I haven't had any time lately to work on it more. After I print it myself to make sure of smooth functionality, and I'm confident of the file...

Not sure if it's just me, but the images and download on MiniFactory aren't working. Really interested in this!

I checked. I'm using Microsoft Edge. I can see pics and download fine. Try using a different web browser than what you are using or check your settings. You may need an account on the website to download if you don't already have one.

Not yet. I'm holding tight onto this file for the time being. The biggest problem that it has is, I ran the file through Netfabb.com's cloud service. The final mesh didn't come out too smooth using it. After I release the multiple part files, I won't have ran them through any compressing software. I haven't had any time lately to work on it more. After I print it myself to make sure of smooth functionality, and I'm confident of the file...

No worries.
A tip with netfabb is generally not using it :p Unless your edge flow is really tight to begin with it tends to mush things beyond the point of being pretty.
I've turned to just manually doing most of what netfabb does these days, ensures edge preservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back