1st MJOLNIR Mk. V Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

micpez93

Hi All,

Saw all the cool stuff people were making and decided that Id give it a shot

Im about 1/2 way through all of the Pep work that I needed to do before I start resin work. I have found however that some of my Pep work is a little less than perfect and am hoping I can redeem myself in the Bondo/Detailing Phase.

Some Pics Below

2015-09-04 00.41.12.jpg2015-09-04 00.41.07.jpg2015-07-26 17.38.17.jpg2015-07-26 17.38.07.jpg

I am actually a little bit farther along than this, as I have already completed the shoulder plates, COD piece, and right thigh piece in addition to the helmet, torso, forearms, and bicep pieces.
The helmet is the first pep piece that I had ever done, and I am thinking about redoing it.

Some more pictures,

I am done with the resin and rondoing of the inside off all the pieces with the exception of shin guards and boots, which I have yet to start (Ill Pep those out pretty soon and get started on those). All the pieces are currently bondoed and I have begun sanding. The arm pieces are mostly done, they are painted with several layers of metallic paint underneath the current layer of green. The plan is that when I start adding some finer details ill be able to scratch away some of the green to reveal the metallic paint underneath (hopefully).

I did have some questions for you guys on the forum

1. visors, what do you guys usually recommend doing, is there a build that I can look at?
2. what do you guys usually use for padding on the inside of the pieces? best way to attach?
3. text and finer details, do you guys use decals or do you find and cut out templates for logos and lettering? I am especially interested in knowing how to get a UNSC logo on the chest piece (as normally seen on reach variant MJOLNIR mk V)
4. fiberglassing vs fiber bondo....I have a pretty thick coat of Rondo on the inside of all my pieces, and they are all pretty sturdy, But I am thinking that I would like to add some additional strength...I have heard of people using fiberglass cloth w/ resin, but I have also heard of bondo w/ fiberglass strands being used?

thanks guys! here are some pics below, let me know if you have any suggestions!
20150924_195823.jpg20150924_195838.jpg20150924_195833.jpg20150924_233402.jpg20150924_233411.jpg20150924_233439.jpg20150925_001730.jpg20150925_001750.jpg

Someday I hope to be able to build something like this.. I haven't the faintest idea where to start. I see such amazing armor and I want the easy way, buy it, haha.

I must admit that it is pretty time consuming, however so far it has not been too terribly difficult...it just takes alot of patience, especially the pepakura. But yeah Im a just a beginner so the task seemed pretty daunting when I first started, but now its totally within reach, especially now that I can see some real progress :)

Anybody have some good suggestions on what to use under the armor that looks decent but is not exorbitantly expensive?

Wow, that's looking awesome for a first time build! I'll actually be starting my own suit here in awhile! I've only done helmets in the past, so props to you for doing the whole set. Can't wait to see more updates.

More pics to come soon, I have been sanding by hand..which is a monumental pain! however I do have a dremel for the edges which helps immensely.

The BorosBoss OD green with light green accent methinks, I kinda tested it our on the bicep and forearm pieces and I think it look pretty good. I kinda need to figure out what im going to do as far as numbers and insignia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back