Halo FUD Master Chief Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolver79

Jr Member
Member DIN
S311
I'm starting this thread to show my build progress and welcome any input you guys may have to offer. I just got my first part in the mail yesterday. Thanx Stony!

image.jpg

Re: Halo 4 Master Chief Build

I personally think the helmet model looks like an inspiration on what to do with my leftover cardboard pizza boxes.

I personally think the helmet model looks like an inspiration on what to do with my leftover cardboard pizza boxes.

I think we'd all appreciate your critique being a little less harsh, honestly. We're all entitled to our opinions, but try to be nice - and if you don't have something encouraging to say, consider not saying anything. Criticism is meant to be delivered in a helpful, constructive manner; you don't get to bash somebody's work or their preferred design with the words 'I personally' or 'in my opinion'.

Evolver79, the helmet looks fine. Are you planning to make a hybrid kit, or will this be the Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn set?

Last edited by a moderator:

Here I thought I bought a nice looking helmet, oh well. This is going to be a FUD build. I gathering some reference material now to start building within the month.

Here I thought I bought a nice looking helmet, oh well. This is going to be a FUD build. I gathering some reference material now to start building within the month.

We have some Pepakura files in the Archive that might help you out with the build, you can find them HERE. Otherwise, good luck with your build, and ignore the negative criticism.

Finally started my build. I added the hexagon to the visor. It's a small step, but in the right direction. More to follow.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

My wife has a vinyl machine and can make things like that. I'm trying to talk her into a 405th decal. ;) PM me if interested.

Did you make the visor yourself or did it come with the helmet? Nice work with the stencil and visor.

I bought the visor. It was made specifically for he helmet. Im pretty happy with how it came out.

Nice work. I am also working on my first build. Halo 4 MC. I have a Silhouette Cameo I didn't think about using it to do the hex pattern

That the same one my wife has. It has really come in handy in building costumes.

Im currently finishing custom painted Fett and Predator helmet & mask. Once those are complete, I'll really get going on MC.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 303

Some good news, I've finally trimmed and primered my helmet. Bad news, the visor got pretty beat up while cutting it. It'll make for a good template for the next one, plus I needed to redo the hex pattern that was too big. Sorry about the multiple pics. My iPads being an ass.
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 233

Finally painted helmet. I did a layer of silver followed by OD green and black. Some of the green came off while removing the tape, so I'll have to do some touch up.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

A couple of better shots of the helmet. It will be weathered more than it currently is. I'm hoping to get the lights made this weekend.
f1c1f1e9707096df5301d2ba22717dd3_zpskyak1ycn.jpg

dfac36af7eea9537e7444e331028a584_zpspnxybm3v.jpg

88def8ae4755b5dc5379d82856ed284a_zpstibuxbm8.jpg

Attachments

• f1c1f1e9707096df5301d2ba22717dd3_zpskyak1ycn.jpg
    f1c1f1e9707096df5301d2ba22717dd3_zpskyak1ycn.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • dfac36af7eea9537e7444e331028a584_zpspnxybm3v.jpg
    dfac36af7eea9537e7444e331028a584_zpspnxybm3v.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
  • 88def8ae4755b5dc5379d82856ed284a_zpstibuxbm8.jpg
    88def8ae4755b5dc5379d82856ed284a_zpstibuxbm8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 187

Nice work! Already underway on the battle damage too! ;) It's not the mistakes that you make. It's how you fix 'em.

Sub'd

I want to see your other masks/helmets too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back