critique on my armor so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home depot, Wal mart, any big hardware store. Google is your friend, man. Not to be that guy, but it's not all that tough to research these things with the aid of the Internet ;)

It's cool that you want to make your own variation of armor. It's your armor and it defines who you are, just like underdog said. We all start somewhere and if you continue working on armor and such, your skills will increase. Patience and practice will help out as you continue your armor making journey. Not very many can say that they made their ultimate looking armor their first time. I certainly wouldn't put yourself down when comparing other builds to yours. Remember, we all start somewhere.

Keep working on improving your skills and you'll do just fine! Find a couple of build threads that you are interested in and follow them. Learn from others and show us what we can learn from you. That's the awesomeness of the 405th!

Time for me to pitch in and try to work into this wonderful community.

My biggest problem starting off was trying to do everything on my own. Your own interpretation is a great thing, so I'm not critiquing your creative mind (believe me, I have none; I couldn't do this without templates and pepakura). Just make sure you know where your gonna end up and how your gonna get there. This site has a TON of information. Its amazing what you can find. My personal and very noobie recommendation is to find a cool build tutorial and try to implement as many things from it as you can. Your personal flair will come and be more pronounced once you master all the skills required. Go ahead and free your mind, but make sure it has a solid place to land! with what I've seen so far, your gonna get super great if you stick with it and get more experience. keep up the awesome work!

IMthewalker

Your Armor describes who you are. Some people have more time and money that they can put into their armor. Whether you spent $50 or $500 your armor is yours and it distinguishes you from everyone else. Don't worry, just be yourself. Be that different person in life and even here on this amazing forum. These people here on this forum are some of the most critical but supportive people for what we are doing. Enjoy doing what you want to do.

yes and when you said mine is near movie quality i think yours is better in some ways. like you didnt have to use a motorcycle helmet under yours. i did.

you guys probably don't care but updates!

Just a heads up man, double posting is frowned upon if you aren't going to be adding significant updates or a large number of pictures, especially if the only purpose is to bump your build to the top of the page (and quoting people simply to get them to look at your build is along the same lines). If you do have something small to add fairly soon after posting, the edit tool at the bottom of your post will do the trick.

Just a heads up man, double posting is frowned upon if you aren't going to be adding significant updates or a large number of pictures, especially if the only purpose is to bump your build to the top of the page (and quoting people simply to get them to look at your build is along the same lines). If you do have something small to add fairly soon after posting, the edit tool at the bottom of your post will do the trick.
ooooopsy

- - - Updated - - -

thank you I'm so sorry I'm just really new to this format

ooooopsy

- - - Updated - - -

thank you I'm so sorry I'm just really new to this format

No worries man, just wanted to let you know! If you aren't too familiar with forums and such, take a quick read through the new recruits sticky (should be one of the first threads at the top of the new recruits forum), amd there should be some basic rules on forum use in there. :)

No worries man, just wanted to let you know! If you aren't too familiar with forums and such, take a quick read through the new recruits sticky (should be one of the first threads at the top of the new recruits forum), amd there should be some basic rules on forum use in there. :)

maybe take a look at the new paint job its at the top of the first page!

maybe take a look at the new paint job its at the top of the first page!

I know you are stoked to share your work, but you don't need to quote me just to check stuff out, man. I'm more than capable of seeing new posts on the forums that intrigue me.

I know you are stoked to share your work, but you don't need to quote me just to check stuff out, man. I'm more than capable of seeing new posts on the forums that intrigue me.

sorry it just seems your the only one who seems to act like you care about my build sorry dude i won't bother you again.

It's all good man. The new paint does look good! ... I'm quite fond of the red/white combo.

It's all good man. The new paint does look good! ... I'm quite fond of the red/white combo.

its actually red and aqua blue! i was slightly inspired by your geometric lines but i didn't ewanna copy you!
but thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that looks much better. Better than mine i would say. Sorry I didn't post sooner I've been busy.

Wow that looks much better. Better than mine i would say. Sorry I didn't post sooner I've been busy.

dude i just took extra time with my crappy armor yours is sick a little bulk and some details do wonders! and trust me dude I've seen way, waaaay, waaaaaaay worse yours is so awesome for the first time doing it and hey how many people can say "hey i made this, you bought yours." plus the only "bad thing" about yours is just the helmets a little on the big side, but you can always remake one, oh and caboose is frekin awesome, mine isn't better its just different, i honestly think yours is much much better

dude i just took extra time with my crappy armor yours is sick a little bulk and some details do wonders! and trust me dude I've seen way, waaaay, waaaaaaay worse yours is so awesome for the first time doing it and hey how many people can say "hey i made this, you bought yours." plus the only "bad thing" about yours is just the helmets a little on the big side, but you can always remake one, oh and caboose is frekin awesome, mine isn't better its just different, i honestly think yours is much much better
true I have seen some pretty bad ones. And thank you for the complement on my armor. I am now making a halo 4 hayabusa and a.halo 4 prefect for my brothers.

true I have seen some pretty bad ones. And thank you for the complement on my armor. I am now making a halo 4 hayabusa and a.halo 4 prefect for my brothers.

your gonna do great bro! just take your time and pay attention to detail because bulk and detail will create a great build! a cool pain job also helps! work hard dude but also work smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back