EVA Foam ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DStyler

Hey guys!
Yes I`m at it again with another build. This time I`m using the Hughes ODST Pep file of which i transferred to EVA Foam. So here is a thread so you guys can see my progress.

Comments and tips would be awesome.

OD4.JPG OD7.jpgOD9.jpgOD8.jpgOD10.JPG

UPDATE
OD14.JPGOD13.jpg

UPDATE
Coming to a near close on the construction side of things with this suit, just have the hip plates and the gauntlets left to do before i get going on detailing and then ultimately the painting. Exciting!
OD16.JPGOD17.JPG

Stellar work so far! Your lines are super clean, and I'm not seeing any seams. Keep it up!

Thanks alot guys for all of the awesome comments! Progress will be updated here in a day or two!

Quick update.
Have the thighs, shins and boot done for one of the legs. Did a quick test to see how flexibile it would still be once all the pieces were on.
Pretty happy with the results thus far

[video]https://www.facebook.com/Stylersworkshop/videos/vb.1599932633558324/1672667719618148/?type=2&theater[/video]

Man your chest turned out far better then mine did. I have been doing what i can to make templates out of all my files. did you convert them over and keep the files? Sorry if i sound whinny. just Dang! that chest is super smooth .

Man your chest turned out far better then mine did. I have been doing what i can to make templates out of all my files. did you convert them over and keep the files? Sorry if i sound whinny. just Dang! that chest is super smooth .

Hey man, sadly i don't have the templates with me still. I basically just use and discard afterwards once I`m done with them.
However, I do have a tutorial here that i made a while back explaining the process i go through to convert a Pep File into a Foam File.
https://www.facebook.com/Stylersworkshop/videos/vb.1599932633558324/1623457451205842/?type=2&theater

Cool bud. Thank you. I been working with some members on learning how to do that and saving the files so i could upload them to help others out. But in all do respects your chet turned out amazing. just hope the gen 2 i make looks as smooth as yours man. can't wait to see more.

Cool bud. Thank you. I been working with some members on learning how to do that and saving the files so i could upload them to help others out. But in all do respects your chet turned out amazing. just hope the gen 2 i make looks as smooth as yours man. can't wait to see more.

Cheers man! I appreciate it!

Okay guys, cheers for the patience!

To give you guys something in return here is a video with me wearing the suit so far! I had to proxy in some gauntlets and gloves while I still get my own finished but all in all I am very happy with how movement I still have!
Let me know what you guys think!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/Stylersworkshop/videos/vb.1599932633558324/1673563646195222/?type=2&theater[/video]

Let me just say that I am in love with you right now because I have been eyeballing the Hughes files and wondering how well they'd transfer over to EVA foam, and this is just right up my freakin alley. Since you're proof of concept here I have a quick question about the rounded chest plate. The old We Are ODST trailer showed us this plate opening up and functioning as a nifty little compartment for stuffing in a flag, any thoughts on how to accomplish this since Hughe's plate is mounted to the chest harness and thus supports this empty cavity? Or even just a recommendation for slipping in a wallet and phone for relatively easy and secure access during a con?

Let me just say that I am in love with you right now because I have been eyeballing the Hughes files and wondering how well they'd transfer over to EVA foam, and this is just right up my freakin alley. Since you're proof of concept here I have a quick question about the rounded chest plate. The old We Are ODST trailer showed us this plate opening up and functioning as a nifty little compartment for stuffing in a flag, any thoughts on how to accomplish this since Hughe's plate is mounted to the chest harness and thus supports this empty cavity? Or even just a recommendation for slipping in a wallet and phone for relatively easy and secure access during a con?

Cheers man! I really appreciate the feedback!
To answer your question I`d say that it is definately possible to rig something like that up. The plate on the front of my chest is glued by the wings to keep it flush against the chest but i can't see why one couldn't leave one side open with a little holster fitted in there. The actual 'shield' itself on my chest is hollow so there is nothing but air from it to the chest core itself. With how snug the gap is, a flag would be easy to stuff in there with no problems of it falling out, but something like a phone or a wallet? You may need to look at making a little shelf made against the back side of the shield like a shelf for it to sit safely without risk of it falling out.
Once again, thanks for the awesome comment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back