Exalted's crazy shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exalted

Hey guys, so I figured it was WELL past time to actually start posting stuff on my build.

A couple years ago a friend gave me one of those Optimus Prime voice changing masks as a random gift. I thought it was cool, and thought about staying a collection of similar masks and helmets. The first one I wanted was obvious. The Mjolnir MK. VI.
To Google I went! I found these really outstanding pictures of someone in full armor. At first, I thought it might have been a suit commissioned by MSoft... actually, it was Longshot-X and his gorgeous armor.
Of course that led me to the 405th, and LOTS of reading.

Time and financing have prevented me from getting things done, but the Halo 5 launch has spurred me into action. With a not insignificant amount of help from PeterTheThinker, it's actually coming together.

It's ending up being somewhat of a hybrid build, mostly Pep and bondo with a couple foam pieces.

I'm posting from my phone, but photos will come shortly from either myself or Peter.

Thanks to everyone here for being amazing. A special shout out to Longshot for being the hook that caught me, Carpathia for his inspiring and detailed build, and Robot Chicken and SirPalesAlot for the new UDK Mk. VI parts.

Peter here
Ill be doing Pics for him..
So today was audio and lights . the markers on the chest are done .
So are the head lamps
500 Lumens of lights so far.
P1190042.JPG

P1190043.JPG

EDIT: Head lamps are done!.

P1190052.JPG

His suit is a Cluster of various stuff....
the upper arms are half pep/ half 3D print.
the shins are 3D printed to Vac Form!...
the thighs are EVA Free handed foam by me.
Ive been doing the glassing on the hard goods as I love to get messy!

His PA system is still super buggy.

Tasks to do
tonight i am glassing his front shins so I can then Pull them on the bed tomarrow afternoon.

( needs 12 H to cure glass)

while it's cureng I am off to his place to carve the SPNKRS handle outta Pink hard foam again and glass again . ( Poly resin EATs it ! )
So I am gonna glass it again with 2 part epoxy.
Also on the docket is his Cod and belt system and a system to hang his leg parts.
tomarrow He is gonna Rondo the foot parts so I can Pull them on my vac table .
By Thurs Ill have both legs at 100%

I need to finalize the shoulders 3D printed parts . They need to be thicker ( blender ).

Then mount them By friday.
We are on a roll!

Peter

Attachments

• P1190043.JPG
    P1190043.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 119
OK so massive update.
I got one shin all done . The other needs some paint and it's done.
the shoulder parts are printed and Ive been Vac molding them . One is drying . I need to pull the other one tonight and glass it.
Audio is on Version 4.

IMG_5933.JPG first pull of the arm part. and it's buck.

IMG_5940.JPG rear is vac , front is printed..... It was not feasible to pull the front on the bed with how I sliced it . .

IMG_5934.JPG glass curing

The not-so-good news is that after being pre-occupied with my father's wedding for a few days... I've been struck with a fairly nasty cold... So I'm kind of useless until the clears up. Bad timing, although better now than during the launch.
Hopefully this will clear up with enough time to slap together the last few things needed for my armor...

OK so It all got done in time for the launch!

22331197430_9674350a7c_h.jpg
It was a blast to help with his suit.
Ill chime in and explain the parts
Sooo
The cod /belt and the upper legs are all EVA Free handed.
. I started them and Reno ( a friend ) added at the last moment some slick details.

The shins were 3D printed . both front and back but to try something new I made only one rear shin and just pulled 2 Vac forms off it!
I was gonna vac form the front but the geometry was too aggressive .
so Front is print rear is vacform. all fiberlassed and locked in.

The sholder parts are a combo of pep by exalted . some parts are 3D printed . some are vac formed In to a fiberglass and resin mold .

The boot covers are peped
Chest is peped.
helmet is peped .
forarms are peped
Glove plates are 3D printed.

I wired up lights and sound and power and fan. The headlamps can push out 440 Lumens at a 1AMP draw!
I limited them to on low to 60 lumens and on high 300 ish.
Marker lamps are LEDs fed in to poly frosted water tubing at 25 mA draw.
The sound system has a premade COTS Preamp and a Class D Digital amp to drive speakers in the back pods.
The main suit runs on 5V * a off the rack power bank batt* and also has a 5-12V Boost converter to run the fan.

The helmet lights run on a single 18650 LiFePO4 cell In the helmet as to off set the massive current draw of the lights.

Peter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back