Foam Halo 4/5 Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felipe06

With Halo 5 on its way, I decided to put my Spartan build on hold in case I find a piece of armor that I'll want to build. I decided to make a quick foam MC build for now to improve my foam skills and here's what I got up to now:

uploadfromtaptalk1444089291115.jpg

Since I'm using the Halloween helmet for the build, I'm not looking to invest much time and money into this build and will keep it for my future custom Spartan [emoji14]
It'll be a quick build with few details.

I also recently bought a Halo 4 Battle Rifle kit, so when that comes along I'll share building progress

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

haha love that purple foam. Makes it look like you've already got some paint on there.
Looks really good. A lot better than some of my first attempts at foam. Uneven lines and shakey cuts everywhere! Keep it up!

Haha I'm doing the exact same thing! I bought the helmet specifically just to build a suit for Halloween. The helmet is what usually takes the longest in my opinion.

Your cuts look great by the way! Any tips on how your cuts look so clean? I'm using a wood burning tool now, but I wish my forearm would look as good as your torso piece.

P.S. Good work on the banana pistol, it looks realistic

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

i am making my build pretty quick too. for my helmet i just put foam on a old motorcycle helmet i had and it turned out pretty good.

Thank you all for the support !

Haha I'm doing the exact same thing! I bought the helmet specifically just to build a suit for Halloween. The helmet is what usually takes the longest in my opinion.

Your cuts look great by the way! Any tips on how your cuts look so clean? I'm using a wood burning tool now, but I wish my forearm would look as good as your torso piece.

P.S. Good work on the banana pistol, it looks realistic

I switched from the hot blade to #11 blades, and it makes a big difference. Kinda sucks if you invested money into a hot blade, but you'll be happy when you see the difference.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00GGB...=#11+blade&dpPl=1&dpID=41961XPeKIL&ref=plSrch

If you live in the states you can find 100 packs for 10$

Thruster nozzle/tube came out better than expected
uploadfromtaptalk1444173533589.jpg
Thruster #2 on the way [emoji14]
haha love that purple foam. Makes it look like you've already got some paint on there.
Looks really good. A lot better than some of my first attempts at foam. Uneven lines and shakey cuts everywhere! Keep it up!
I checked your reach build, what kind of plaster/filler did you use for the gaps? Was it any good?

Edit: you should see my first ODST thigh pieces, big mess xD

I checked your reach build, what kind of plaster/filler did you use for the gaps? Was it any good?

I used regular bathroom caulk on my reach build. I wouldn't recommend using that. It was hard to sand down and left these bulging spots in the gaps. For my halo 4 build I'm using wood filler and it's much better. Easier to sand and if you wet sand it it's even better.

Quick question, what thickness in foam are you using on this build? It looks like your using thin "foamies" for the chest.

I bought several packs of 1/2 inch thick anti-fatigue (EVA) foam from harbor freights and was about to start my torso piece as well until I saw your build. Made me re-think about what I was doing

uploadfromtaptalk1444259988033.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1444260044982.jpg

They're slightly less than an 1/2 inch, I never saw any thinner or thicker ones where I go, so I went with this. Not sure what people usually use, but this works fine [emoji14]

Spartan selfie!
uploadfromtaptalk1444262799856.jpg
Chest isn't done yet, but I couldn't resist
I used regular bathroom caulk on my reach build. I wouldn't recommend using that. It was hard to sand down and left these bulging spots in the gaps. For my halo 4 build I'm using wood filler and it's much better. Easier to sand and if you wet sand it it's even better.
Wood filler it is than [emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back