new here, but hoping to build emile a239

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotsofJack

ok, somewhat new to foam but i got the basics down. My 10yr son wants me to build a Emile a239 suit for Halloween 2016, with a house full of females(daughters) it will be our bonding time. Anyways let me jump to it. i have the pep designer and reader but looking for foam instead of paper files. if anyone knows or a has a good source please post. also looking for unique way to make the visor without putting holes in it, like maybe a camera set up???. So any tech guys/girls out there with ideas would be great. Thank yall in advance for any posts.

Have you considered vacuum-forming the visor? You could make a vac table or see if a local signage store has one. I have a crude WIP emile build. I don't really have any templates, but I could maybe help.. Also, Masternewbie is in pretty much the exact situation you are. I would contact him. Better hurry, though.. only 580.7 hours left until Halloween! Anyway, good luck! Hope it goes well!

ok, somewhat new to foam but i got the basics down. My 10yr son wants me to build a Emile a239 suit for Halloween 2016, with a house full of females(daughters) it will be our bonding time. Anyways let me jump to it. i have the pep designer and reader but looking for foam instead of paper files. if anyone knows or a has a good source please post. also looking for unique way to make the visor without putting holes in it, like maybe a camera set up???. So any tech guys/girls out there with ideas would be great. Thank yall in advance for any posts.

Hello. What I do most of the time is I use the paper files but on medium to low detail so that its simpler. I just trace them onto the foam and make cuts where you would normally make folds if you were using paper. Some really good resources for help are the YouTube channels: Spacemeatthecosplay, Evil Ted Smith, and Bill Doran. They all work in foam and offer some great tips and tricks. Spacemeat offers more halo focused advice and basically walks you through the construction of an entire suit. I highly recommend his videos to everybody interested in foam construction. Hope this helped you out. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am building an Agent maine suit from RvB. He has an EVA visor, same as Emile, except his is the halo 3 version. I will be Vacuforming mine as soon as the plastic comes in the mail.

My build: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=45493

i do plan on vac forming and i already have the materials for it just missing a good file for the helmet. I just responded to Masternewbie's message so we will see from there, also im building my son's suit for next year.

I have tried to pep files on low detail and if just cant find files made for foam then i'll go back to the pep, and yeah i've checked out those videos, just to see if it was possible for me to make it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back