ODST First Build (Foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xan Ives

Jr Member
I started tentatively working on an ODST suit about 9 months ago, after being inspired by Andrew Cook's tutorials. Now, after lurking on the forums for about 4 months, I finally have something to show!

ODST Foam Torso.jpg

Any feedback would be appreciated, more photos will come as I finish off a bunch of 95% done pieces.

Looks great so far man, nice and clean! I can't wait to see more!

Nice clean cuts and seams, by the look of it. That's the biggest hurdle for most with foam I think, so you seem well on your way. Keep it up! :thumbsup

Massive gap in time, but finished up the suit w/o helmet, (because the helmet is way too detailed to be done this half of the year). Wore it to Rhode Island Comic Con today, and got tons of complements on it. Massive self esteem boost, given that this is my first suit :)

12212209_10208100972464659_335531932_n.jpg12202188_10208100972024648_411997728_n.jpg

Ik that the waist armor is too low in the second pic, but that's just because I took it at the end of the day and the webbing loosened up during the con.

That looks awesome bud...don't stress about the helmet, SGT Johnson never wore one, I prefer his Soft Cap look actually

That might be the cleanest looking foam build I have ever seen. GREAT. JOB. Can't wait to see what else you do!

Decided to push off the helmet, in favor of making an SMG.

Attachments

• SMG Paper Trace.jpg
    SMG Paper Trace.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 148
  • SMG Trace.jpg
    SMG Trace.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 145
  • H3-M7SMG-LeftSide.png
    H3-M7SMG-LeftSide.png
    670.2 KB · Views: 181
Dude that's FANTASTIC!!
I too am starting an ODST build. I'm doing it backwards though, I'm starting with helmet first lol.
Your foam looks great. Keep posting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back